Shoot 3s

Shoot 3s

Postby RandyR17 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:26 am

I tried experimenting to somehow replicate the Houston Rocket's offense.

On each game, I have the 'Shoot 3s' box always checked. Offensive pace is max. As a result, having 50 or more attempts from 3 is not unusual. My team is usually on top of the Off Efficiency rankings.

I have some questions, or looking for suggestions on how to further improve this style of play.

1. Is practicing offensive plays applicable in this style? I know the 5-out offense would be suitable, but I don't normally have all 5 guys as good shooters on the floor. Most of the time, I rely on 3 guards plus a good shooting SF/PF, and a big man who can grab offensive boards. Would training on lets say Triangle or Motion offenses, affect my primary objective of shooting more 3s?

2. In relation to #1, would it be better to not train on any offense set, and just play with 100% offensive freedom? So if I have 5 guys on the floor who have large percentage in 'outside' shot preferences, then they will just roam around beyond the arc.

3. Is there any benefit in increasing the Offensive Rebounds (OR) Crash? Since most of the guards are outside, I figure they will still have less chance of getting offensive rebounds even if I max out on OR crash.

4. Are there any style of defense, or press, that could benefit the type of offense that I want to play?

Thanks
RandyR17

Re: Shoot 3s

Postby ZorbaGarp » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 pm

What an interesting idea! Will love to see how it works for you.
ZorbaGarp

Re: Shoot 3s

Postby RandyR17 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:33 am

ZorbaGarp wrote:What an interesting idea! Will love to see how it works for you.

Started out a dynasty. Still early though (9 games), but I'm getting good results so far

viewtopic.php?f=297&t=32276

Assists: 21.2 apg (#2)
Off Rating: 119.4 (#1)
3PA: 47.1 3papg (#1)
3PM: 18.8 3pmpg (#1)

Having that 'Shoot 3s' box checked the entire game works very well :)
RandyR17

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion