Noob Question

Noob Question

Postby dwhansen777 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:18 am

While in game I am running the motion offensive set vs. the AI's MTM.
I notice that when I bring the ball up the court the AI has changed to a zone defense.
By the time I recognize this change in the defense...I pause the game...and then change my offense to the appropriate zone attack offense.
As I unpause the game...I find I am still running the motion offense and the offensive tab still shows motion...not the change I imputed. :confused:
How do I go about recognizing this change in the defense and make the adjustment in a timely manner?
Is there a setting I am not using correctly?
dwhansen777

Re: Noob Question

Postby PointGuard » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:38 am

So this is occurring in the FRONT court, not the BACK court, right?

If so and it's repeatable, then I'd suggest you send a Support Ticket along with your game files (as per viewtopic.php?f=322&t=31594 ) explaining what is happening so that Gary can take a look at it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby RandyR17 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Is it possible that when your team is bringing up the ball while still in the back court, the AI is using 'full man to man press'? And then when you reached your front court, the AI setup their half court zone defense
RandyR17

Postby PointGuard » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:44 am

OK!!!! Tried some things while playing out a 2D game. Figured it out!

Apparently you are selecting specific offensive sets within the "Offensive Options" pulldown menu. If you have selected a specific offense (e.g. Motion) and the opponent applies a zone defense, your selection is the one your offense runs. It will not automatically switch to the appropriate zone attack offense. Even if are running the game slowly enough to pause and select the zone attack during that possession, your offense for that possession has been SET as you originally had it and will not change.

I almost always select "Auto Switch" for the "Offensive Options" menu. That way my team plays pretty much the percentage of various offenses that I have in my preferences (and that my team has practiced) and when a zone is applied, it automatically switches to the appropriate zone attack offense.

If you don't like the way the game is set up for this, I'd suggest you submit a Support Ticket making your case to see if you can persuade Gary to make a change.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby dwhansen777 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:03 am

Point Guard-TXS.
Now I correctly understand the functionality of the "Auto Switch" option.
Appreciate your efforts/time to replicate my situation and solve the issue for me.
dwhansen777

Postby PointGuard » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:51 pm

Actually, even when you select a specific offensive set, I think it SHOULD switch to the appropriate zone attack offense for THAT possession, so I've added that as a suggestion for CB2021. :cool:
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby RandyR17 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:20 am

PointGuard wrote:Actually, even when you select a specific offensive set, I think it SHOULD switch to the appropriate zone attack offense for THAT possession, so I've added that as a suggestion for CB2021. :cool:

Perhaps as an option (always use default zone attacks against zone defense), yes that would be a good suggestion.

But not automatically. There are times when a coach would like to run a set offense (not the default zone attacks) against a zone defense. For example, I sometimes run a 5-out against a 2-3 zone, if I have good outside shooters. Or triangle against a 3-2 zone, if I have a C who is good at the low post
RandyR17

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion