Cant manage in game?

Cant manage in game?

Postby yo31 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:46 pm

So I just bought this game but I have experience in various other sport management games and I'm pretty good a them. But this game however... When I go into a game against a weaker team at home, my players turn into wet cheese, turn the ball over every 2 possessions and shoot for 30%. But if I restart and sim the game, we do as expected. Whats going on? This has happened on at least 5 occasions. Am I just that bad at this game? What do I do because I don't wanna just sim every game, that doesn't seem fun.
yo31

Re: Cant manage in game?

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Interesting question. In the past I've run some tests where I play out games and also sim the same game. Sometimes my team has been done better and sometimes it has done worse when I played them out as compared to the AI simming the games. I've also simmed several repeated replays between the same two teams and the individual results have varied quite a bit...certainly quite different scores, point differentials and even different winners. In general though the better team tends to win most often.

Maybe 5 games are too few to draw a conclusion. And in games you've won when playing them out, have you also run replays with the AI coaching and has the AI done worse or better than you consistently? If you think that your team does consistently worse each time you play out a game (e.g. extremely low shooting %, very high turnovers, lots of fouls, etc), have you tried playing out the same game again and has the result been the same?

But, if you're consistently doing worse that what the AI would have done: are you using pretty much the same players and same number of minutes for each as what you've observed the AI to do?; are you over-coaching (changing offensive/defensive sets a lot as compared to auto running the offensive and defensive strategies}?; are you setting other strategies (pace, defensive intensity,off/def rebounding, inside/outside, full court pressing, etc) to very high or low levels?; are you double teaming more than one player?; are you letting your players' EN drop to really low levels before subbing them out?; have you watched the AI play out a simmed game and do you notice it doing different things that what you do?

Keep at it, I think you'll find that you as a coach tend to do as well as the AI does.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion