Improving Player Mood

Improving Player Mood

Postby tm74 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:53 am

Does anyone have advice for improving player mood? No incidents on my team this season, but a few players are just grumpy.

In other similar sims, there are ways to improve mood by conferencing with players and complimenting their recent play, etc. That doesn't seem to be an option in this game. BTW, that should really be an option. One of the primary tools of any coach, at any level, but especially with young people is positive reinforcement.
tm74

Re: Improving Player Mood

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:02 pm

I've been beating the drum about this very thing for a few years. The only thing that may have some small effect is calling a player and talking about attitude. Sometimes it seems to help, sometimes it makes things worse. This is crying out for a solution.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Improving Player Mood

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:44 pm

This issue is on the CB2021 Suggestions List. Of course it's up to Gary whether he will address this issue.

I believe there are presently a few ways, beyond calling re attitude, that can also affect a player's mood and his relationship. For example: (1) the attitude of a player who is concerned about playing time may improve as he gets increased playing time; (2) a player who is concerned about coach discipline may have an attitude adjustment due to what you as coach do with regard to player issues that arise.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion