Trying DDSCB again - questions

Trying DDSCB again - questions

Postby mgadfly » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:36 pm

It has been awhile since playing DDCB. I'm giving it a shot. Any help here is appreciated:

1. What is the difference between Fast and Slow simulation?
2. Any ideas why I can't buy scouting reports? The options no matter how much I click on them won't slide over. If I ask for AI suggestion it selects two for me. I looked in the global coaching settings and I don't have anything set to automate the summer or offseason, so unless there is an individual coaching option that I just can't find, I don't know what the issue is.

mgadfly

Re: Trying DDSCB again - questions

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:31 am

1. Sim speed:
a. Fast Simulation--On Today's Games screen scores will fly by at a speed you won't be able to read.
b. Slow Simulation--On Today's Games screen speed by which scores of each game played that day will be slower (so you'll be able to note the score of each game and individual player stats)
c. Slow Simulation on Human Games Only--On Today's Games screen scores will fly by at a speed you won't be able to read with the exception of your team's game (which will show long enough for you to see the score and individual player stats)---this is for those who sim their team's games.

2. Do you have the most up-to-date version of CB2020 installed? Are you sure you didn't have "CPU Manage Offseason/Recruiting" toggled ON in the Game Options screen? Otherwise, you should be able click on the toggle buttons to select the reports you want. If not, then I'd suggest you submit a Support Ticket along with your game files.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby mgadfly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:37 am

PointGuard wrote:1. Sim speed:
a. Fast Simulation--On Today's Games screen scores will fly by at a speed you won't be able to read.
b. Slow Simulation--On Today's Games screen speed by which scores of each game played that day will be slower (so you'll be able to note the score of each game and individual player stats)
c. Slow Simulation on Human Games Only--On Today's Games screen scores will fly by at a speed you won't be able to read with the exception of your team's game (which will show long enough for you to see the score and individual player stats)---this is for those who sim their team's games.

2. Do you have the most up-to-date version of CB2020 installed? Are you sure you didn't have "CPU Manage Offseason/Recruiting" toggled ON in the Game Options screen? Otherwise, you should be able click on the toggle buttons to select the reports you want. If not, then I'd suggest you submit a Support Ticket along with your game files.

Thanks PointGuard!

I have version 8.20. I'll look around on here to see if that is current. I downloaded it yesterday. Edit: It looks like that is the current version.
Also, when I go into commissioner mode to edit or add coaches, my first coach (the one I made and log into) isn't there to edit. Do you know if that is normal?

Edit: I created a new association and ran through to the purchase reports portion again and it won't let me select anything. I changed the settings on CPU Manage Offseason just to make sure I wasn't misreading them and tried again and it skips the stage (I'm assuming that means the AI did that stage so I had the setting correct. I guess I'm left with not being able to select options - same thing happens on summer league event selection - learning how to send in a ticket or seeing if I can get my money back.)

Thanks for trying PG.
mgadfly

Postby tm74 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Shot in the dark here, but this seems like a display error of some kind. Try running the game in win 8 compatibility mode. All sorts of strange bugs went away for me when I did this. Worth a shot.
tm74

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:17 pm

tm74's suggestion is a good one to try. I've not had to do that for my computer, but several have.

If that doesn't work, then click on the hamburger icon in upper left corner (3 parallel lines), select HELP. On the upper right of that screen you can read about what files need to be submitted and on the upper left you can then select "Customer Support" and submit a Support Ticket along with attaching your game files.

Hang in...once you get this resolved, you're going to enjoy the game.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby mgadfly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:19 pm

tm74 wrote:Shot in the dark here, but this seems like a display error of some kind. Try running the game in win 8 compatibility mode. All sorts of strange bugs went away for me when I did this. Worth a shot.

Winner winner chicken dinner. :D

Thanks tm74. Hopefully this doesn't create any other issues, but now I can select things, which seems important.
mgadfly

Postby tm74 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:07 pm

Glad to help.
tm74

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion