Recruiting help

Recruiting help

Postby yo31 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:31 pm

So I'm starting my 5th season with this game and I still am pretty confused about how to evaluate players. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration including, your staffs overall evaluation, your staffs rating evaluation, the player's stats. the camps, and the stars. How much stock should I put into the star ratings? Because I once had a 5 star recruit, ranked #21st for the whole nation and in his freshman year he's 2 stars, 5 star potential. And this one guy (recruited by the coach before me) that was ranked 920th for the nation but started in his freshman year and got 19 PER. And also like, If a player is ranked 50th overall and a player ranked 200th overall have the same stars, the same B evaluation grade but the second player has better high school stats, will the second one be better? I'm pretty sure this post will be tough to read and seem incoherent but I really don't know how to put my confusion into words.
yo31

Re: Recruiting help

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:30 pm

The lower rated your school, and the lower numbers your head coach and appropriate assistants have for recruiting and scouting, the less accurate the information you receive will be. Sometimes the recruit will be better, sometimes worse. As your ratings improve the accuracy of the info will improve.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Recruiting help

Postby slaphappy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:49 pm

As a small school I look for players that went to the camps I attended. If it says they didn't stand out.. I ignore them no matter the stars. If they had at least a decent showing then they go on the radar.
slaphappy

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion