2D View

2D View

Postby hawglaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Is anyone still having issues with the 2D view? The game starts off fine and will slowly start to bog down. In some games, it becomes completely indecipherable and I have to read the log just to figure out what is going on. Based on when it starts to get bad, it seems to be connected to the ref feedback notifications, but that is just a guess. Any ideas?
hawglaw

Re: 2D View

Postby PointGuard » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:17 am

That's not occurring for me. What speed are you using in 2D? Have you tried other speeds and does it do the same thing? In the 2D, are you playing the game out yourself or are you letting it sim and just watching the action?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby hawglaw » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:46 pm

I am at around 75% on the speed. I am playing it out myself. Sometimes, it gets a bit better when I do some substitutions, but it will typically go back to being very choppy and almost unusable.
hawglaw

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:53 pm

Have you updated to the newest version (8.20)?

The following updates made some changes that should have prevented what you're reporting:

8/31/20 - Version 8.18 Released
------------------------------
- further fixing of issue with 2D slowness after performing Windows 10 update to version 2004

8/26/20 - Version 8.17 Released
------------------------------
- fixed issue with 2D slowness after performing Windows 10 update to version 2004
- added new fast forward option to 2D screen to replace moving slider all the way to end as part of this Windows update fix

IF you have updated and are still experiencing the problem, I'd suggest you submit your game files with a Support Ticket so Gary can take a look at it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Orsalak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:03 pm

Rebooting and making sure that is the only app open? That seems to clear up performance issues for me with this game when they occur. For me, this is not a frequent occurrence in this version, but I do sometimes have it slow down some and I usually have a bunch of other windows open at that time or I haven't rebooted my machine in a while.
Last edited by Orsalak on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orsalak

Postby hawglaw » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:27 pm

Yeah, I have considered that as well. I have closed everything that is open. What is weird is that it will be fine the start of the next game. It will start to bog down usually in the third quarter. When I start the next game, it will be fine.
hawglaw

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion