Summer Camps

Summer Camps

Postby mrtimn23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:48 pm

So I have two main things to talk about:

1) On the Summer Camp page, how do I select a camp to attend? Is it a bug rn to not be able to select? I have tried clicking every inch of the box but none of it slides the switch over to attend. However, if I click on AI suggest, it signs me up for more camps than I want to spend money on. Am I just being stupid or is there a certain way I have to sign up for camps

Next:

2) Does attending summer camps even give you any boost in recruiting or is it for scouting purposes only? If it is only for scouting, does it give a much more accurate report than scouting players individually? If not wouldn't it better to not attend camps at all?
mrtimn23

Re: Summer Camps

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:04 pm

1. Sounds like a glitch. Have you tried going to another page then going back. If so, are you sure you don't have the CPU managing things (Check under Game Options).
2. There's an advantage to going to camps, definitely. But make sure you don't spend money you will need for recruiting.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby mrtimn23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:31 pm

Wayne23 wrote:1. Sounds like a glitch. Have you tried going to another page then going back. If so, are you sure you don't have the CPU managing things (Check under Game Options).
2. There's an advantage to going to camps, definitely. But make sure you don't spend money you will need for recruiting.

So I just restarted the save since it was a new one and I can't pick which scouting package I pick either(I used the AI suggest earlier) and when I advance I still can't pick the camps. And I thought it might be a CPU controlled thing too but in the options, it is turned off. Bug maybe? Not a big deal since it's literally the very beginning of my playthrough. I'll start over and see if that fixes it
mrtimn23

Postby mrtimn23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:33 pm

I made sure I was the Head Coach too btw. That was another thing, I thought maybe I accidentally got the job as a 1st assistant. I'm lost for now, I'll see if i can restart and see if it works
mrtimn23

Postby mrtimn23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Just restarted with a new coach and I still can't select any scouting packages or summer camps. Definitly a bug at this point
mrtimn23

Postby PointGuard » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:40 am

It's not a bug in the game. It's not happening for me and no one else has reported it. So my suggestion is for you to submit your game files and ask about it via a Support TIcket.

Another option is to UNINSTALL and download CB2020 again and re-install. Possibly something went wrong with either the download or install.

Re whether attending a camp can provide a boost in recruiting: I THINK that it can for some recruits. Of course, I don't know the inner workings of the game, so can't say that for sure.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:12 am

Just ran a test through the Summer Travel phase and was able to select the reports I wanted to purchase, do the transfer sessions, and select the camps I wanted to attend. The only toggle that does not change if you click on it is "Do Not Attend National Camps"...but that toggles off by itself as soon as you click to select one of the National Camps.

So something weird is happening with your version of the game. If you submit it via a Support Ticket, I also suggest you advise whether you purchased the game via the Wolverine website or via Stream...although that really should not have any different effects.

I also ran another test clicking "CPU Manage Offseason/Recruiting" but that just makes the game do the actions without the buying reports and summer travel screen even showing up...the AI does the actions automatically without tempting you to try to do those. That's a change Gary did in one of the updates which is good.

If it were me, I think I'd do an uninstall, re-download and re-install and try that to see if the same problem occurs. And then if it did, submit the game files and request assistance via a Support Ticket.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Orsalak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Did you work through this issue? If not, are you using Windows 10? Gary pinned a thread about using Windows 8 compatibility that seems to have fixed some odd issues for me, I would try that. I also recommend restarting your computer and only starting the game so you know you aren't using a lot of memory for other apps if the compatibility change did fix it.
Orsalak

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion