Commishioner mode

Commishioner mode

Postby yo31 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:32 am

Dont shame me for this i know that i'm cheating. So in the staff hiring process, i hired a terrible assistant, gave him 25k a year for 5 years, then after he accepted i changed his ratings to make him a 60 scout and i made him my scouting assistant coach. Now, its the start of october and im done recruiting but i see that the preseason magazine stuff and my scout have very different opinions on my players (this is my first year at this team). When i go to my depth chart and set it to ai, it shows that my 3 and a half star player (3rd best on the team) should barely be getting any minutes. So i went into that guys ratings in commish mode and yep it shows that hes garbage. For example in commish mode, his scoring, passing, block, and steal are 21,30,29,33. But his ratings for those are 4,7,6,7?? So it makes me think that the changes i made to that coach didnt work at all and hes still the terrible scout that he was before. I dont have any budget to hire a new one if i fire him. And just recently i checked again it now it says that the player should be starting even though it said before that he shouldn't and his actual ratings in commish mode are trash. Whats going on?
yo31

Re: Commishioner mode

Postby Orsalak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:42 pm

I don't know that anyone truly knows how Gary handles this, but hear are a few things to think about:

1) When did you hire your new assistant? Was it at the beginning of this year (and your team was already scouted) or was it the end of last year? I imagine the timing of the hire could change whether he scouted them or the old coach scouted them.
2) What are his Offensive and Defensive ratings? If he is garbage on those, I wonder if that would impact his ability to assess score related to those? Maybe to assess his scoring it's a combination of his offense and his scouting?
3) Is the head coach any good at scouting? I think the head coach is part of that assessment process.
4) I'm not even entirely sure if it's the scouting coach whose rating is checked. He may only be for scouting opponents? It's possible it uses only your head coach or a combination of your head coach and the player development coach. I've wonder about this myself. My first guess would be the scouting coach plus head coach though.

I know I didn't give you any answers, but maybe I gave you some other things to think about. It would be interesting to try saving at different points, adjusting different coaches ratings and then simming the game to see the impact. Then go back and do it again. Just note that the impact is probably a bit random anyway, but with enough tries you may zone in on the effect of the changes you are making. If you figure something out, I would love to hear your results.
Orsalak

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion