Work/yell at refs

Work/yell at refs

Postby slaphappy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:28 am

As a non-basketball fan I think I have most of this figured out. How do you know when to work or yell at refs ?I have a save going as the Maine Black Bears and love my team... I want to do what I can to help us win. Does it matter?
slaphappy

Re: Work/yell at refs

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:19 am

Work the refs when the calls are going against you. Yell at refs gets you a technical.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Well, yelling won't always get you a technical...and too much working of the refs can get you one also.

So....all in moderation.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby slaphappy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:06 am

Just got a 4 star center sign his loi. Cool beans! I'm thinking I got lucky because both of his parents went to my school. A guy ranked number 85 in the Nation picking Maine has to be rare. Good times.
slaphappy

Postby RandyR17 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Getting a technical can sometimes be a good thing. It can influence the calls of the refs to your advantage, for the remainder of the game.

It can also have an effect on your players. There was once I game I was playing where I purposely threw myself out of the game (2 technicals). Suddenly my team (coached by my AI assistant, following the depth chart) turned things around esp on defense, and overcame a double digit lead late in the 2nd half.
RandyR17

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:27 pm

RandyR17 wrote:Getting a technical can sometimes be a good thing. It can influence the calls of the refs to your advantage, for the remainder of the game.

It can also have an effect on your players. There was once I game I was playing where I purposely threw myself out of the game (2 technicals). Suddenly my team (coached by my AI assistant, following the depth chart) turned things around esp on defense, and overcame a double digit lead late in the 2nd half.

Good points!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby the_real_dynamyte » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 pm

There are literally times where i will mash the yell button repeatedly because my team is playing poorly and on top of that, the opponent is in the bonus with 16:23ish in the half. Just pent up frustration.

But yes working the refs can be good and can be bad. just pick them wisely. i only really yell at the ref when a guy gets 2 quick fouls in a matter of seconds, or multiple fouls on my team in rapid succession or when the foul discrepancy is large, like 7 against me and 1 against them with 10 minutes left, etc.

Can turn them in your favor and could give you some whistles in your favor, and at times it motivates your team. I dont know if that is coded in the game or not as that motivational thing is more of a real life thing
the_real_dynamyte

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:50 am

Maybe for DDSCB2021 Gary can code in throwing chairs, tripping opponents, slugging your own player, giving the refs a finger, etc.

:rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:47 pm

when the refs are pissing you off, "work" em. When they are really pissing you off, "Yell" at them! Yelling will often get you a tech, and a 2nd one will leave you watching the game from the locker room. It also can be a great way to motivate your team at times. Often after getting a "T", your team suddenly starts playing better. There is no real rule of thumb here, but always play your coach according to his temperament. Bobby Knight was expected to throw chairs and yell at his players!
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:50 pm

I confess even my even-tempered coaches tend to lead the league in Technical fouls, for good or bad. In 2020 where technicals were more likely than before, I work and yell a lot less!
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion