Rampant technical fouls for no reason

Re: Rampant technical fouls for no reason

Postby Wildcat18 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:00 am

PointGuard wrote:I've played a heckuva lot of DDSCB20 games and have never had that happen...and haven't heard of anyone else who has. Have you edited or made any of your own modifications to players, teams or anything else? Sounds to me like a problem with your association...or...maybe you will need to uninstall and re-install DDSCB2020. But good that you sent it in since Gary may find some issue that he can fix or can provide you with guidance.

No changes, besides the Real World Mod and setting up Windows to run it in compatibility mode. Both of which were done for the first three seasons of the association without problems.

Perhaps reinstalling would fix the problem, but I'm going to wait until I hear from Gary before doing anything.
Wildcat18

Postby CoachC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:12 pm

I agree that it was just an unusually bad stretch for your players. It still beats the first 10 or 12 years of this franchise when opposing coaches only got T'd once every 1000 games, and player Technicals were non-existent. I find the current T rate on both coaches and players to be fairly realistic now. There will be some games like you experienced where it really seems like a donnybrook! I haven't had any like that, but I can see it happening sooner or later
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wildcat18 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:12 pm

CoachC wrote:I agree that it was just an unusually bad stretch for your players. It still beats the first 10 or 12 years of this franchise when opposing coaches only got T'd once every 1000 games, and player Technicals were non-existent. I find the current T rate on both coaches and players to be fairly realistic now. There will be some games like you experienced where it really seems like a donnybrook! I haven't had any like that, but I can see it happening sooner or later

It would have been an unusually bad stretch for my players, IF the game was assessing the Ts correctly. However, the game wasn’t stopping on the techs, there were no foul shots, no stopping of the clock. The only effect the Ts had on the game was increasing the personal fouls of the players and the team.

When I submitted a ticket for the problem, the response was “we’ve never seen anything like this before”. I sent them the file, but haven’t heard back since. Considering I tried uninstalling and re-installing this past weekend and the save now refuses to open, I’m thinking something happened to the association’s save file that caused it.
Wildcat18

Postby CoachC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 pm

I never saw anything like that either, where no freethrows were being shot, not even during beta. Not sure what might have caused that.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:20 pm

It would have been an unusually bad stretch for my players, IF the game was assessing the Ts correctly. However, the game wasn’t stopping on the techs, there were no foul shots, no stopping of the clock. The only effect the Ts had on the game was increasing the personal fouls of the players and the team.

now that I think about it, i did see something like that during early beta testing of ccb2020. I even intentionally tried to get T's and it wouldn't stop the game and eject me. That was very early on in beta testing though, and once it was resolved I never saw anything like that again. I know it's a stupid question, but have you made sure that that your version of the game is the final version released? If it is, I have no other suggestion than to call you for a technical foul! :P
CoachC

Postby Wildcat18 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Yep, it was the most recent version. I made sure to update it when I started the save so I could avoid the “incorrect illegal recruiting firing” bug
Wildcat18

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion