Rampant technical fouls for no reason

Rampant technical fouls for no reason

Postby Wildcat18 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Playing 2 games today, in the 4th season of my Fordham dynasty. In each of these games, my players 3 technical fouls in rapid succession, but I kept the ball each time and no foul shots were taken. These fouls ultimately cost me the game because the other team went into the bonus way too early. I've had a combined total of 2 technical fouls from my players in the three previous seasons combined, and both resulted in foul shots.

On a side note, I'm really getting frustrated by the AI taking and making last second threes when winning. Not only are they always taking a shot at the last second, but they are always making it, as if it's completely uncontested.
Wildcat18

Re: Rampant technical fouls for no reason

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:39 am

Re the 3's by the AI team at the end of a game...3 successful last second 3's....I think you just hit a bad stretch for your team. Things will turn around.

On the T's...I don't get it...have never seen either 3 successive T's (by players nonetheless) or no shot awarded. Strange.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wildcat18 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Yea, I was wondering if a bug caused it or something and if anybody had seen in before. The sequence went something like this: I call TO, set up a play of PG Coleman passing to SG Pryor for a 3. Inbound ball, SF Justin Christian called for a technical foul, Carl Pryor receives the pass, Coleman is called for a technical foul, Pryor takes the shot, C Frazier Brown is called for a technical foul, the shot bounces off the rim.

As for the threes, I don’t think I was clear there: these shots aren’t beating me. I’m down 5-10 points with under ten seconds to go, ive called off the dogs, not fouling anymore, just content to let them run out the clock and go home, and the opposing PG invariably pulls up a for a last second three as if it’s end of the first half, not the second. I figure it’s probably a limitation of the engine, but it doesn’t mean it’s not frustrating lol
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Ok, yeah, I agree that those kind of pointless 3's would NOT be taken in real life and are something that would be nice to have fixed in DDSCB...but really they just mean you lose by 9 instead of 6 (or whatever). Since I just sent Gary an additional list of suggestions to the LENGTHY list I had sent to him in late November, I'm holding off sending more for now. He's begun working on CB21 so the list he now has of 242 items is crazy long and more that can be possibly addressed. I'm just hoping he can take a crack at the highest priority, most-meaningful items.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:15 pm

For everyone: We've had nearly a whole year of suggestion submissions...thus the 242 suggestions on the list (many of which are minor)...and since Gary's work on CB21 has begun, I'm not going to submit more unless something earth-shattering is submitted. Sorry.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Orsalak » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:16 pm

PointGuard wrote:For everyone: We've had nearly a whole year of suggestion submissions...thus the 242 suggestions on the list (many of which are minor)...and since Gary's work on CB21 has begun, I'm not going to submit more unless something earth-shattering is submitted. Sorry.

Did you mean to post this on the Suggestion thread?
Orsalak

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:18 pm

Ha! Yes, I thought I was in it. LOL

Thanks for letting me know. I will post it there.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wildcat18 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:45 pm

PointGuard wrote:Ok, yeah, I agree that those kind of pointless 3's would NOT be taken in real life and are something that would be nice to have fixed in DDSCB...but really they just mean you lose by 9 instead of 6 (or whatever). Since I just sent Gary an additional list of suggestions to the LENGTHY list I had sent to him in late November, I'm holding off sending more for now. He's begun working on CB21 so the list he now has of 242 items is crazy long and more that can be possibly addressed. I'm just hoping he can take a crack at the highest priority, most-meaningful items.

Yea, it’s definitely a minor thing. More frustrating that actually meaningful lol.
Wildcat18

Postby Wildcat18 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:26 pm

The technical foul issue happened again (4 times in 5 possessions in the second half, in fact). I've submitted a ticket to see if that can be of any help. I really hope it's a fixable issue, and not a problem with either the game or the association save.

EDIT: literally immediately after posting this, it happened again. It's getting ridiculous and, IMO, game-breaking.
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:58 pm

I've played a heckuva lot of DDSCB20 games and have never had that happen...and haven't heard of anyone else who has. Have you edited or made any of your own modifications to players, teams or anything else? Sounds to me like a problem with your association...or...maybe you will need to uninstall and re-install DDSCB2020. But good that you sent it in since Gary may find some issue that he can fix or can provide you with guidance.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion