Fast Break Points

Fast Break Points

Postby ignats75 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:04 pm

What are the settings to generate more fast break points? I'm going through games and winning them but i seem to be passing up easy baskets.
ignats75

Re: Fast Break Points

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:43 pm

Have players who are excellent defensively.

Employing the most aggressive full-court presses (read the descriptions of them...some result in more steals).

Possibly using a high Defensive Intensity setting.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ignats75 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:32 pm

I'm getting the opportunities. They keep pulling up. How do I make them more focused on fast breaks?
ignats75

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:31 am

Don't think that's possible.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby RandyR17 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:53 pm

PointGuard wrote:Have players who are excellent defensively.

Employing the most aggressive full-court presses (read the descriptions of them...some result in more steals).

Possibly using a high Defensive Intensity setting.

Agree with the press defense. I use the 1-2-1-1 press. Although it takes time for your team to fully take advantage of this scheme ... usually takes 2 years (at 20% training allocation).

It's painful to watch at first as your opponents would often break your press, and score easily on the break. So you may want to lower the press frequency while your team is still learning.

But once your team develops competency, you can easily get at least 10 steals per game in the backcourt, and convert easily on a layup.

In this type of press, those playing the 1,2,3 position often gets the steals, so make sure they have high STL ratings to fully take advantage
RandyR17

Postby RandyR17 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:05 pm

ignats75 wrote:I'm getting the opportunities. They keep pulling up. How do I make them more focused on fast breaks?

Increase offensive pace
Increase offensive freedom
Decrease defensive rebounding intensity (your guards would tend to run ahead on your frontcourt, instead of trying to grab defensive rebounds)
Increase press frequency

Shooting early / quick 3s on transition can also indirectly quicken up the pace, and provide you with more transition opportunities during the game. The quicker you attempt a shot, the more possessions will be for both teams. The more possesions, the faster the players will get tired. If your opponents are tired, then they cant keep up in running with your team. Make sure you have athletic players, and a deep bench.
RandyR17

Postby RandyR17 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:30 pm

Reminder to myself that I should continue this dynasty :)

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=297&t=32276

Averaging almost 100 pts in a D'Antoni style offense is always fun to watch :)
RandyR17

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:17 am

One of the player ratings that helps with Fast-breaks is the players "Drive" rating. The higher the more often that player will continue to the basket rather pull up. I had a team several versions back DDSB2018 I think, that I had two guys with good drive ratings and that was the best team I ever had at finishing fast-breaks. I'm sure other player ratings add to this such as Basketball IQ and Athleticism and then a good Drive rating and those type players should help.
I also currently note my opponents scouting report on how much do they crash the offensive boards, if its high I play a faster pace assuming I'll get more fast-break opportunities as less chance of them getting back on D if they are crashing boards, and if their Offensive Crash Boards is low then I slow my pace down assuming I will not get many opportunities to prevent guys jacking early threes instead of going to the basket because opponents get back on defense better when they are not crashing and my high pace would be pushing guys to shoot early in the clock.
NCAAhoops

Postby CoachC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:38 pm

good advice Hoops! Nothing helps fast break points more than Steal ratings though..especially if you press often. You have to recruit to your philsophy.
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion