Facing Zone Defenses

Re: Facing Zone Defenses

Postby CoachC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:31 pm

spend time practicing offense against ALL zones. always. In game you can also run non-zone offenses against a zone to effect if you can't beat it any other way. Many real DI schools will continue to run their usual offensive sets against zones (especially motion). You can also try to beat a zone by utilizing personnel that frustrate it (bombadiers vs a 2/3 zone for example, or slashers vs a 1/3/1)
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Orsalak » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:55 pm

These are some of my favorite threads because I get to hear how other people handle these situations. I try to target a few good 3pt shooters when recruiting so I have at least a couple of zone busters I can bring in if they are shutting me down offensively. Even better if they are good enough to be in my main rotation of players. Sometimes you just have bad shooting days though...
Orsalak

Postby CoachC » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:58 pm

just a few days ago in my current association i was facing a zone I couldn't bust. I started switching between my normal m2m offenses against the zone, and suddenly started scoring. Most of it though matters on having your players as skilled in zone offenses as they are in your m2m offenses. Having a scouting assistant at at least 60 scouting makes it a little easier to prepare.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion