Poll (sort of)

Poll (sort of)

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:34 pm

What offenses do you use, and what % of each.
What defenses do you use, and what % of each.
I've been very successful with Princeton and triangle, sometimes motion and or flex instead of one or both.
I find that if I go with man more than 60% of the time I commit too many fouls. Of course my D Intensity is set at 7.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Poll (sort of)

Postby Wildcat18 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:54 pm

For offense, I'm still figuring it out. Like to shoot a lot of 3s, so I'm checking off "shoots 3s", and for some reason then it says "none" instead of a set even with offensive freedom at 0%. Still not sure if that's a graphical glitch or we're actually not running sets. But what I'd like to do is Motion/Princeton/Shuffle, shoot 3s.

For defense, M2M about 90% of the time, perhaps more. I also like to press with the 2-2-1 most of the time, although that's less about getting steals and more about killing some shot clock. Defensive intensity of 9.
Wildcat18

Re: Poll (sort of)

Postby PointGuard » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:49 am

Offense: Variable...different with each of my associations...so I've used all of the offenses with different associations. Usually I practice and run 3 different offenses with one predominating (running it about 40-60%, depending on the association) and splitting the remainder between the other two. One of the 3 is typically either Flex or Motion. With whatever 3 I choose, I usually stick with them as long as I'm coaching at the same school...that way my guys get pretty proficient in those 3. But if I take a new HC job during the same association, the 3 offenses may be different than what I used at the previous college.

Defense: Again varies...different somewhat with each association...but most often run M-2-M primarily (e.g., 60-80%) and pick a zone (I guess more often a 2-3 that any other) the rest of the time. Tend to press quite a bit (50-70% of the time)...mostly-M-2-M full court, but sometimes I'll practice and throw in one of the zone full court presses to run a bit (e.g., 10-20% of the time).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion