DDSCB 2021 Mod!

DDSCB 2021 Mod!

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 pm

I have been really busy lately but some really good news out of that is I am working on the DDSCB 2021 mod so when the game is released there will be a 2020-21 season Mod available!

So what have I worked on?
Around DDSCB2017 years ago I got the Conferences and teams done and then with the 2019 game version spent a lot of work on those as far a team colors and logos.
Also at about that time spent time refining formulas for coach ratings and entering their style of play for most coaches and adding assistants. (want to thank nmlobo for helping me get miss-spells corrected)
In the 2020 version made major updates to team logos while still refining coaches ratings and styles.

So what does this 2021 version offer?
1. The 4 new D1 schools names, logos, courts and coaches.
2. All coaches updated as of this season including assistants.
3. One of the 2 biggest things I spent a lot of time researching assistants to develop ratings so they will simulate real life. While I can't nail all of them I can find data of a few ratings they are best at for the team and will be in the game now. So good recruiters, Develop Players, Offense or Defense or any combination will be reflected this year. Also real or estimate ages for them, while estimated could been off 1-3 years as I basing it off their college graduation dates, they will be much more realist this year!
4. The 2nd biggest item is facegens of all coaches. While using what the game already supplies I hope to be able to import faces and clothing for all coaches including all assistants. While not exact they will have a similar look to there real life counterpart. While this may not be totally completed by First Release, I plan to have it completed by Official release. As of today all coaches in the Power 5 Conferences plus Big East and American Athletic are all done and I'm continuing on from there. I may add a few faces also for facegens that just don't exist currently to match a coach. These will not be as I have done in the past but will be added to the game generated faces to be "Similar" not exact but recognizable compared to real life to keep the default game feel.
5. Also refined teams and coaches ratings and added their stats from last year to stay current at the start of the 2020-21 season.
6. The release will have prestige ratings based on this year as of February so yes Duke. Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and Michigan State will take a slight hit, not as bad as real life as this year as this is probably a fluke. But teams like Baylor, Michigan, and Alabama should benefit.

While many other small things have been done that's the heavy lifting items.
Once I get all the assistants ratings complete and some time to refine them plus the ability to assign faces and clothing I think this will be the best version yet to go with the best College Basketball game on the market.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: DDSCB 2021 Mod!

Postby WarEagle13 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Awesome news! Really appreciate your effort on this. It definitely adds to the immersion factor in a huge way!
WarEagle13

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:32 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:I have been really busy lately but some really good news out of that is I am working on the DDSCB 2021 mod so when the game is released there will be a 2020-21 season Mod available!

So what have I worked on?
Around DDSCB2017 years ago I got the Conferences and teams done and then with the 2019 game version spent a lot of work on those as far a team colors and logos.
Also at about that time spent time refining formulas for coach ratings and entering their style of play for most coaches and adding assistants. (want to thank nmlobo for helping me get miss-spells corrected)
In the 2020 version made major updates to team logos while still refining coaches ratings and styles.

So what does this 2021 version offer?
1. The 4 new D1 schools names, logos, courts and coaches.
2. All coaches updated as of this season including assistants.
3. One of the 2 biggest things I spent a lot of time researching assistants to develop ratings so they will simulate real life. While I can't nail all of them I can find data of a few ratings they are best at for the team and will be in the game now. So good recruiters, Develop Players, Offense or Defense or any combination will be reflected this year. Also real or estimate ages for them, while estimated could been off 1-3 years as I basing it off their college graduation dates, they will be much more realist this year!
4. The 2nd biggest item is facegens of all coaches. While using what the game already supplies I hope to be able to import faces and clothing for all coaches including all assistants. While not exact they will have a similar look to there real life counterpart. While this may not be totally completed by First Release, I plan to have it completed by Official release. As of today all coaches in the Power 5 Conferences plus Big East and American Athletic are all done and I'm continuing on from there. I may add a few faces also for facegens that just don't exist currently to match a coach. These will not be as I have done in the past but will be added to the game generated faces to be "Similar" not exact but recognizable compared to real life to keep the default game feel.
5. Also refined teams and coaches ratings and added their stats from last year to stay current at the start of the 2020-21 season.
6. The release will have prestige ratings based on this year as of February so yes Duke. Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and Michigan State will take a slight hit, not as bad as real life as this year as this is probably a fluke. But teams like Baylor, Michigan, and Alabama should benefit.

While many other small things have been done that's the heavy lifting items.
Once I get all the assistants ratings complete and some time to refine them plus the ability to assign faces and clothing I think this will be the best version yet to go with the best College Basketball game on the market.

The Goat
Chris

Postby Honny118 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Kudos!!
Honny118

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion