Head Coaching Issues

Head Coaching Issues

Postby 23mcleanp » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:44 am

I have been a long time player of the DDSCB series having been playing since DDSCB 17. I just recently downloaded DDSCB 20 onto a new computer. I created my first character on this new computer as an assistant coach. After my second year of assisting I left to take the Head Coach position at DePaul. At DePaul, I experienced issues as I could not change my depth, strategy, or even basic recruiting actions such as Scouting Reports and Summer Travel Schedule. These were locked out as they stated that these actions were only available to the head coach. I then scrapped that game and started all over creating a character to take over at Oklahoma St. Yet again these same actions were locked to me. Lastly, I tried to see if these were prestige issues, head coaching skill issues, or challenge mode issues that limited my abilities. So I created a maxed-out coach in Sandbox mode and put him on Duke but yet again I couldn't choose my scouting report. I really don't know what the issue is and whether it is because of the mod or not. I have Uninstalled both the mod and game itself yet nothing seems to solve these issues.
23mcleanp

Re: Head Coaching Issues

Postby PointGuard » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 pm

I've had none of the problems you are mentioning while playing CB20 and I use the mod. But I've not created an asst coach who moved up to head coach.

So...re your moving from asst to head coach issues: I suggest you send you game files in via a Support ticket.

re your creating a head coach and then not being able to choose scouting reports: did you set "CPU Manage Offseason/Recruiting" in the Game Options?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby blazer6519 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 am

Wow. Came out here because I have exactly the same problem. Installed on laptop last year. Built a new PC and installed/activated on the new PC. Installed mod and started new association, making myself the head coach.Cannot perform some functions as it says I am not the head coach.
Am able to do recruiting functions, but cannot view strategy page, roster page is blank, cannot choose recruiting reports or camps, nor choose roles for assistance coaches. Tried to set up practices and was able to set a plan but could not save the plan.
Was planning to try a new association without the mods installed tomorrow.
Feels like it may be a licensing issue.
blazer6519

Postby Wildcat18 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:51 am

Had the same problem. Saw this post from Gary on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=322&t=32958

Followed the instructions in the workaround, and it fixed the issue.
Wildcat18

Postby blazer6519 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:09 pm

Thanks for the advice! Running in compatibility mode has fixed ALL issues.
blazer6519

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion