Offering Staff Jobs?

Offering Staff Jobs?

Postby darthfoley » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Hello,

Perhaps this is a stupid question and I am missing the obvious way to do it. I have had many of my coaches plucked out to move on to greener pastures (schools with a higher budget). Is there a way for me to offer CPU coaches, who are under contract at another school, a job offer? The pool of "free agent" coaches every year is pretty lackluster.
darthfoley

Re: Offering Staff Jobs?

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:57 pm

If I am not mistaken, you have to wait until the staff hiring stage after the season in order to attempt to pluck someone from another school The listing you are looking at during the season is only those coaches without jobs.
blazertaz13

Postby darthfoley » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Sorry, I should have clarified. I was in the off season and I couldn’t figure it out. I tried going to another team’s staff page and I didn’t see anything that allowed me to offer. I know there are a handful of employed coaches who show up during the off-season coaching carousel, but nowhere near the amount of employed coaches in game.
darthfoley

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:14 pm

During the staff hiring week in April each year, you'll see that some of the coaches on the list show (in parentheses behind their name on the list of coaches available) that that they presently are on another staff but are shopping themselves for possible new jobs.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby darthfoley » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:15 pm

PointGuard wrote:During the staff hiring week in April each year, you'll see that some of the coaches on the list show (in parentheses behind their name on the list of coaches available) that that they presently are on another staff but are shopping themselves for possible new jobs.

Right, but my question is, if I do not see a coach on that list, is it impossible to make a coach on another staff a better offer than their current one? It sounds like it is.
darthfoley

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:06 pm

No.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion