Team Prestige

Team Prestige

Postby darthfoley » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:21 pm

If anyone frequents this board anymore, I have some questions regarding team prestige. I'm now 17 years into a Dartmouth association, having just won the Coaches Classic (beating #2 Gonzaga, among others)/finishing the season ranked #12 overall, and winning the Ivy League tournament (which granted, isn't particularly impressive). I gained ONE prestige point from last year to this year (29 to 30.) I have made the NCAA 12 years in a row, including finishing the season #12, #13 (went to E8 that season), and #22 twice. Heck, Cornell even made it into the NCAA as a #9 seed this year.

Is there any way to manually change team prestige during a save, because I find this kind of ridiculous? Not expecting to be 100 prestige, but having a lower prestige than Northwestern, who hasn't made the NCAA since I started my save is kind of insane. If not, are there any sure fire ways to improve your prestige outside of consistent winning and NCAA appearances? Scoring top 100 recruits? Because it feels like I'm hardcapped right now around 30 regardless of my performance. I thought winning an invitational tournament, being ranked #12 and having the #2 highest RPI would equate to a +5 prestige bump or something, but I only got one. Sigh
darthfoley

Re: Team Prestige

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Prestige is a mix of recent (last season) and a lengthier period of time (several years). If you're in the ivy League, I wouldn't expect to get a +5 unless you win the NCAA tournament. As to the past season, I don't think winning an invitational tourney helps too much. Making a lengthy run in the NCAA tournament definitely helps. But being in the Ivy League probably tamps down prestige increases as compared to if you were in a power conference.

I guess you could go to the Commissioner page and export your association to a database and increase your prestige manually that way.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion