Player Regression

Player Regression

Postby calchristensen50 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:42 am

Hey!

I'm pretty new to the game so I've been perusing these message boards for help and I haven't seen much on player regression. For example; I recruited this freshman and he came in with only a half-star rating but he had potential to be a four star guy. My team was pretty rough so I started him in hopes he would improve. I also hired a couch rated at 3 stars for player development. Anyway my freshman wound up leading my team in scoring and played really well. However the following season he was still rated at half a star and his potential dropped to a star and a half. Is this a common thing? What could I have done to develop him further?
calchristensen50

Re: Player Regression

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:26 am

No, that's not common. Actually it seems very unusual to me that a guy you recruited had a half star coming in as a freshman. Most half stars are walk-ons. No way to truly say what happened with respect to your player after his freshman season. Maybe your coaches aren't really good at evaluating talent and screwed up prior to his arriving or after his freshman season, maybe he's a good scorer but sucks at other aspects of the game, maybe he scores a lot but shoots a ton of shots to do that,maybe he's an ass and pissed off your coaches, maybe he's just not really going to develop as far as your staff thought he would at first (potential overrated when he first came), maybe he is lazy so really is unlikely to develop much, maybe he doesn't listen to guidance or ignores it, etc, etc.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby calchristensen50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 am

Huh, well either way he transferred out. That's another thing; I've had a number of players get ticked off and then transfer. Is there a way to help improve their coach and team relationships? I've tried calling them a few times and each time it says no change. Then they transfer.
calchristensen50

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

make sure you have Version 8.20 of the game. There was an issue in earlier version that did have a player regression issue for PF and C.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion