OP stuff in this game.

OP stuff in this game.

Postby jedyeti » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:34 pm

I kinda thing a couple things might be extremely OP in this engine. Namely regardless of playbook, i switch to Long pass focus with balanced targets or long pass focus with TE targets and my team goes insane offensively, doesn't matter personnel or anything else, QB doesn't seem to matter at all in that instance as even average and below average QB seem to go crazy in numbers and it doesn't seem playbook matters much either, kinda makes the game super easy to be honest and kinda seems that all other strategies are a waste of time to even try.
jedyeti

Re: OP stuff in this game.

Postby st0nfacd » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:53 pm

To clarify, this is still a hunch and other teams that are testing havent found too much to go on with it.
Also, various control groups differ from test to test.

It could be looked into, but again, this would be on the hunch that started off the back of the best player in the league having an insane game.
st0nfacd

Postby vgorilla80 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:29 pm

To add to this, I have seen evidence that when this so-called "OP strategy" is run against a legitimate defensive strategy, it is quite unsuccessful. Make of that what you will.
vgorilla80

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:48 pm

Using the "long" tendencies should increase interceptions and decrease completion percentages but a ton of other things factor into it. Run with 5.0.9 for a while and if you still see a pattern for all teams running this in multiple games having OP numbers let me know and I can look into it further.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion