Gsme presentation

Gsme presentation

Postby markprior22 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm

I typically sim games and go back to watch. The game presentation isn't very "user friendly."

1-Too many places to look. PBP at upper right, constantly changing stats at bottom left and right, play result screen at the bottom
2-PBP at the upper right of the field would be nice to watch but the font is so light and field colors interfere so it really doesn't add anything
3-The changing stat boxes are annoying. As soon as I look at one of the boxes, the stat categories change. This is happening while trying to watch the game on the field so again, eyes are all over the place trying to get info with little luck
4-It seems like there is enough room for two boxes on each side of the field. Would it be possible to have an upper box on each side showing respective team stats (updating in real time) and a lower box on each side that shows individual offensive stats when team is on offense and individual defensive stats when team is on defense. Stats would be updated in real time but the boxes wouldn't be flickering on and off.
5-Another issue that is a little annoying is that on scoring plays, the play result screen shows Team X at Team Y-1 yard line before the play happens. You know it's going to be a TD before the play happens.
markprior22

Re: Gsme presentation

Postby Cleasby » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:53 am

Cleasby

Postby cdcool » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:14 pm

Those are First Access posts, it's fine here and should be brought up again.
cdcool

Postby Cleasby » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:21 pm

cdcool wrote:

Yep I know it is why I commented in both and posted again here ;) haha
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the presentation. I don't think we're looking at changing anything else on those screens but will keep it in mind as we go forward.

I'll will see if I can reproduce the 1 yard line issue... I don't remember seeing that one before.
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Cleasby wrote:
cdcool wrote:

Yep I know it is why I commented in both and posted again here ;) haha

LOL okay
cdcool

Postby cdcool » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Thanks for the feedback on the presentation. I don't think we're looking at changing anything else on those screens but will keep it in mind as we go forward.

I'll will see if I can reproduce the 1 yard line issue... I don't remember seeing that one before.

1-Too many places to look. PBP at upper right, constantly changing stats at bottom left and right, play result screen at the bottom

Anything would help, you have to be able to read it to enjoy it.
cdcool

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:04 pm

Yup, lots of options for folks. I normally just watch the play unfold, then go back and read the PBP to see what happened and glance at the play result to see the final outcome and next scenario. I also pause the game to look at the rotating stats if I don't really want to see the full boxscore/pbp due to it being a spoiler. But everyone is going to use the screen differently and have different opinions. We looked at it in first access, captured some feedback for the future, and made some tweaks and additions based on it, but in general we're happy with it as it stands now.
brooks_piggott

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:08 pm

I did add options to the league options screen to turn off the PBP or rotator boxes if you want less stuff going on.
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:55 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I did add options to the league options screen to turn off the PBP or rotator boxes if you want less stuff going on.

Great and believed you also added more time to the rotator boxes
cdcool

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion