Screen Responsiveness

Screen Responsiveness

Postby bestbrother » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 am

The one noticeable bugbear I have is how the game isnt as snappy when going between screens.

Compared to a game such as Football Manager, where go from page to page is a seemless transition, even OOTP as well. There seems to be a delay between screens on this game, which isnt game breaking by any means but just stands out.

Is there anything that can be done to speed that up, even at my end?

Spec wise my laptop has no issues, im assuming its just a limitation of the engine at this stage?

Like I say more a nice to have, rather than anything to bash the game with :)
bestbrother

Re: Screen Responsiveness

Postby Cleasby » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:52 pm

yeah same issue I flagged in testing. I agree the click speed is far too slow and unresponsive at times. Hopefully devs can speed it up.
Cleasby

Postby bestbrother » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:59 pm

At times it feels like the game has crashed and i wonder whether to click off. Im wondering if the graphic mods are causing a problem?
bestbrother

Postby Cleasby » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:06 pm

bestbrother wrote:At times it feels like the game has crashed and i wonder whether to click off. Im wondering if the graphic mods are causing a problem?

Nuh it is just slow. I am on default and have the same responsive and clicking challenges.
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:44 pm

It really depends on the screen... some are sensitive to graphics, some are more sensitive to # of players (for people playing with large leagues) and some are slower due to the amount of data they're rendering. The new platform works differently and we'll try and optimize as we go, but it's never going to be like the older versions of the games.

If there are specific screens that seem to take longer than others (say 5 seconds to appear) let me know... most of the ones I see load in around a second or two. Likewise if you find items that don't respond to clicks let me know and I can check and make sure they're set up right.
brooks_piggott

Postby bestbrother » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:56 pm

Brilliant, thanks for taking note.

I think the biggest screen ive noticed an issue is bidding for free agency, its sits white for ages and im wondering if its crashed.. then it will load.

I use the default NFL league setup btw, so have a bunch of teams.
bestbrother

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:16 pm

Yea, that one can get a bit slower (on mine it still loads in a second or two) but that's one of those grids people wanted all of the data and for it to be scrollable versus the paged version of those tables... since it has to load that much more data this screen will be a bit on the slow side to view, but faster to scroll through once it does.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion