Getting Realistic Salary Cap and Contracts

Getting Realistic Salary Cap and Contracts

Postby MvPeterson2828 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi, devs
I was wondering if this was being considered for next year's game or maybe this year's game at all to get the cap salary and contracts to replicate the real-life NFL? I know you can adjust the salary cap in settings and contracts and all that. The few times I've done that things started getting really weird. Teams started dumping top players (Aaron Rodgers, Michael Thomas, Patrick Mahomes) into free agency in the very first season or going over the cap by 20 million or better. I did multiple sims of 30 years and I kept seeing the same repeated stuff. I've tried Forcing strict cap to get teams to stop going over 20 million or better and that doesn't seem to matter whatsoever.
MvPeterson2828

Re: Getting Realistic Salary Cap and Contracts

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 pm

Probably not, the NFL salary rules are extremely complicated as to how they handle signing bonuses, overall contract amounts, salary cap, dropping players, etc. I prefer a simpler system that gives people a similar feel and ability to control player movement, without having to delve into the complexities. However, we always re-evaluate this stance and perhaps if enough of the community want this kind of system implemented from a priority standpoint we can look at doing it in a future version.
brooks_piggott

Postby Zman714 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:41 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Probably not, the NFL salary rules are extremely complicated as to how they handle signing bonuses, overall contract amounts, salary cap, dropping players, etc. I prefer a simpler system that gives people a similar feel and ability to control player movement, without having to delve into the complexities. However, we always re-evaluate this stance and perhaps if enough of the community want this kind of system implemented from a priority standpoint we can look at doing it in a future version.

I would say I’d be for showing some love to the financial system from a single player replay ability stand point. I’m not saying madden 05 owner mode stuff where you set the cost of hotdogs and beer but somewhere in the middle. Like an ever evolving salary cap that goes up or down like in front office football. Also wouldn’t hurt to have the ai adjust rookie scaling contracts veteran minims and maximums that also go up and down to mirror the salary cap. And I’m not saying completely take control away from the user if the current model works for you that’s fine. I feel the current financial system is kind of like here it is have it not trying to take shots at the game by any means so far I’m pleased with it and we’ll worth the $30. I understand this would be a big undertaking as I’m sure there would be a lot of testing and trial and error to work this out. Maybe I’ve missed something and there is an old sticky or a mod that already does this if so feel free to correct me and post a link.
Zman714

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:10 am

Yea, we're probably going to look at the system next version and figure out some way of getting wider spreads and more realistic contracts. That may end up being the signing bonus/fixed salary model. But we'll still do it in a simplified way to make it a bit easier to work with.
brooks_piggott

Postby MvPeterson2828 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:36 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, we're probably going to look at the system next version and figure out some way of getting wider spreads and more realistic contracts. That may end up being the signing bonus/fixed salary model. But we'll still do it in a simplified way to make it a bit easier to work with.

Awesome, nice to hear. I don’t expect you guys to replicate the NFL salary, contracts, etc exactly since it’s so complicated and complex. The ideas you mention here sounds great honestly and that would make me happy in a single player stand point.
MvPeterson2828

Postby Templer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:04 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, we're probably going to look at the system next version and figure out some way of getting wider spreads and more realistic contracts. That may end up being the signing bonus/fixed salary model. But we'll still do it in a simplified way to make it a bit easier to work with.

I hope you 'probably' become real action! I feel the game needs a good amount more depth in the salary model.
One of your focus for the next DDSPF version I hope.

Today the contractual matters to me feels like: 'yes or no' with a bit of plain gambling.

Not worthy for what DDSPF became today.
It simply fits anymore!
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion