Playbook glitching

Playbook glitching

Postby st0nfacd » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:06 pm

When creating a playbook the following two things are extremely frustrating, and shouldnt even be an issue:

1) The drop down menu for Run/Pass play selection doesnt work.
2) If you have selected for example I-Formation, and you click on the drop down menu again, you cant get out of the drop down menu without selecting a formation again. As a result, if you did want I-Formation, you need to select another formation, before going back to the drop down and selecting I-Formation again.

Both of these need to be fixed, because its all the small things that add up and create a lot of frustration.
st0nfacd

Re: Playbook glitching

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:07 pm

thx, updated for next build
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:52 am

The Select Run/Pass dropdown menu is fixed after today's patch. However, the Shotgun 4 WR is still missing from the Select Formation dropdown menu.
JDB

Postby st0nfacd » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:22 pm

I was about to post the same thing as JDB DID, there is no Shotgun 4WR sets...un;ess if it was by design, but let us know if that is the case.
st0nfacd

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:23 pm

thx, in for next build (originally they were going to show up under shotgun, but i changed one part without changing the dropdown)
brooks_piggott

Postby st0nfacd » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:36 pm

And while we are on the subject, there seem to be no plays under Wishbone. Could you check if these havent been uploaded yet?

And a question that may seem a bit pointless, but does make a difference. The stats for a play, specifically Avg Gain, does it take into consideration every time a play was run, including incompletions (for passes) for example, and 1 yard touchdowns as another example? Eg, a pass play run 2 times, could be incomplete 1 time and complete the 2nd for a 1 yard touchdown, does this mean the average gain is 0.5 yards, or how does this go? or does it not icnlude either...also, does a sack on a pass play count? or a tfl for a run play?
st0nfacd

Postby Cleasby » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:43 pm

st0nfacd wrote:And while we are on the subject, there seem to be no plays under Wishbone. Could you check if these havent been uploaded yet?

And a question that may seem a bit pointless, but does make a difference. The stats for a play, specifically Avg Gain, does it take into consideration every time a play was run, including incompletions (for passes) for example, and 1 yard touchdowns as another example? Eg, a pass play run 2 times, could be incomplete 1 time and complete the 2nd for a 1 yard touchdown, does this mean the average gain is 0.5 yards, or how does this go? or does it not icnlude either...also, does a sack on a pass play count? or a tfl for a run play?

Pretty big point in the calculation maybe we can get a additional row for number of TD? And pass completion percentage?
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 pm

I don't think we have wishbone plays in the default plays.xml file. We've enabled it for folks to create plays with it, or for modders to use it in their plays.xml mods (or inject them into the game in the config screen).

The play stats are based on the times the play was called and the avg gain. So in your example it should be .5 avg. But there may be inconsistencies in some places when dealing with penalties, scrambling, turnovers, etc. where the results may not end up perfectly aligned with a boxscore. It's a drawback in the way we calculate those gains and record the plays. And no, I'm not planning on adding any more analysis to that screen.
brooks_piggott

Postby st0nfacd » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks for all the clarifications. I hadnt even considered the implications of scrambling on an originally intended pass play.
The part regarding touchdowns from certain plays is I think a must to know, as are interceptions and arguably sacks as well. They highlight issues with plays that could either be down to your team's strategy or weaknesses in your team that can help you make a better playbook. Although, I personally do understand that there are other things that need to be seen to ahead of this, it would be an extremely useful addition to consider a month down the line for example.
st0nfacd

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion