Wishlist - Ideas

Re: Wishlist - Ideas

Postby slaphappy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:44 am

I know we all want stuff to improve the way we play.. but after getting intimate with this game.. it is crazy close to mimicking the experience I had with Front Page Sports FBpro.
slaphappy

Postby Vpettijohnjr » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:31 pm

I wish we could watch games in real time and take over control at will. I am sick to death of seeing whatever it is the game does with itself in the last 2 minutes of a half. Down by 6 and try to score with less than 2 minutes? Nah, call 3 runs, no timeouts and let the clock run out. Oh, up by a score with 2 minutes to go? Be a shame to run out the clock and give the other team no chance to win. 3 incompletions, 30 seconds off the clock, and punt the ball away it is!

The last two minutes of a half are maddening enough that I often dread playing this game because I know something utterly ridiculous is going to ruin it for me.
Vpettijohnjr

Postby Skycast » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:11 pm

During the draft process in the war room, it'd be nice to have an easy indicator of which players you have scouted. Unless I'm missing something I have to back out of the draft screen to access my scouting.
Skycast

Postby Templer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Skycast wrote:During the draft process in the war room, it'd be nice to have an easy indicator of which players you have scouted. Unless I'm missing something I have to back out of the draft screen to access my scouting.

Yes, more love for players comfort please. ;)
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby peterk1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:23 pm

slaphappy wrote:I play out my games. I'd like to be able to control the clock better at the end of 2nd and 4th quarters. Spike the ball.. players trying to get out of bounds.. hurry to the ball etc. Played a couple games that could have had some pretty exciting finishes if I could control the clock better at the 2 minute mark.

Definitely this!

Take a look at Pro Strategy Football for a great example if how to do it in a "text" game. All of the consequences of the various options (normal play / hurry-up / spike / timeout) are given to the player so they can make an intelligent decision. The AI is also very sharp and knows how to use their TO's properly (DDF is close but not quite at that level yet). End of game always feels like a really fun chess match.
peterk1

Postby Skycast » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 pm

The WWPF is doing our draft, so posting stuff as the ideas come up...

In the War Room, another nice, but small addition, would be a quick counter to show how long your draft queue is so I don't have to count it. Yea, I know...not a biggie, but when you pick late in the round, it's just one simple thing that I don't have to do.
Skycast

Postby Templer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:15 pm

• I feel, that if you are unsuccessful, you should be fired much faster - Professional sport is merciless! ;)
Templer

Postby skcarls » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Great topic, a few observations/improvements for those who use the sandbox alternative:

The description given about the sandbox option is what compelled me to purchase. In fact, the word "control" was used 3X, which was appealing as you compete against the AI. Unfortunately, user control was used out of context, and hopefully the sandbox can be upgraded.

As previously mentioned by users such as slaphappy, this is not an authentic reproduction of NFL gameplay in the final 2 minutes of 1st half and EOG when you cannot control your teams ability to spike ball, run out of bounds/stay in bounds, run down clock, hurry up offense, etc. Even more insulting is when you see your AI controlled opponent spike the ball, while you are not given that same option - really?

Hopefully there will be added the option to stop a manually played game in progress, and resume later. Numerous FB sims already exist with this feature, should not be difficult to incorporate this creature comfort.

Even when the "checkbox" is unchecked for AI/CPU control, the game is programmed for the AI to overtake a human coached team under certain scenarios (example a blowout & auto subs are made regardless of your package selection). If a user selects HUMAN CONTROL, it should mean what it says.

Injuries during a game a too opaque. A user needs to understand at the point of injury if player will return or is out for game. When I lose a skill position player to injury, I have no idea if I can still use him on next set of downs, next quarter, next half? I have to guess? by putting his package in to see if he gets the ball? But maybe he doesn't get it because the AI is overriding me again, not because of his injury. Waiting until EOG to find out the details of injuries is not how this should play out. If you are a "simmer" burning through seasons, fine. But that doesn't acknowledge the shortcomings for those who play their games out.

Lately, I have seen almost none of the "pancakes and syrup" that I had previously. If that was purposely removed - thank you.

I have also noticed there are little PI calls being made (at the spot of the foul). OTOH, I am seeing waves of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Is this being noticed by others as well?

Although I believe this is not connected to the game itself, major applause to the mods community. These enhancements to the game have helped to make it very appealing!
skcarls

Postby Templer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:41 pm

• Older players should be more prone to injury!
Templer

Postby slaphappy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:47 pm

I'd like it to be more obvious if there is is a penalty on a play. Maybe a big message on the field.? Like a big red message over the field saying flag on the play?
slaphappy

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion