Wishlist - Ideas

Re: Wishlist - Ideas

Postby hippithus » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:03 pm

Would be really nice to be able to see depth chart position on a players card. Would be easier to see along side of where they were drafted for when trying to extend contracts.

Also breaking up "position" to left and right for positions like tackle, guard, and defensive end. Just because realistically there are different techniques to different sides of the line.
hippithus

Postby slaphappy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:43 am

I play out my games. I'd like to be able to control the clock better at the end of 2nd and 4th quarters. Spike the ball.. players trying to get out of bounds.. hurry to the ball etc. Played a couple games that could have had some pretty exciting finishes if I could control the clock better at the 2 minute mark.
slaphappy

Postby NotMikeZimmer » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:23 am

How about:

-what slaphappy said about the clock, seriously the clock in this game is bizarre

-A working depth chart that accurately reflects where players are on the field

-A working Zone defense system!!!

-The Ability to assign specific coverage defenders to specific skill position players.

-Defenders following motion in man and adjusting in Zone

-nicklebacks playing Nickle and lining up in reasonable positions.

-Better Defensive AI in general especially for Safeties

- More realistic YAC and a tracking stat for it

-More options for Blocking schemes like Zone and Man blocking, double teams, Gap Assignments for blocking and running, More pulling options.

-More routes for receivers, especially out of the backfield and way better route running and timing,

-Better QB logic or more coaching options for it, really would love to tell my QB not to hold the ball until the play has broken down, when all I need is 3 yards. Also even very high skill QBs constantly miss wide open receivers.

IDK my wishlist is mostly fix and add more realistic football stuff.
NotMikeZimmer

Postby Templer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:59 am

channel4 wrote:Thanks, really have enjoyed this game and it's given me a lot of happy hours.

Some small changes that would make a huge difference for me:

- On the scouting screen, when you sort by rating it is sorted alphabetically; it'd be much better to have this as a custom order of the different ratings.
- In the scouting screen, to try and keep the scout/interview check boxes on all views if possible;
- if not possible, please don't reset the ordering of the rows when switching views (this one drives me crazy - and is true on all screens)

All hopefully minor fixes and I look forward to buying 2021 whatever. Keep up the good work
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby clamel » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:18 am

Templer wrote:
partys4food wrote:I'd like a longsnapper position

I like this to be added. Understand that old version even got Depth lineups for the Special Teams. Sounds overachievement and lots of extra to handle, BUT make it AI auto. If the ST is more important in-game I would like to know who's my Kickoff and Punting teams for sure. Don't like my starters to get serious injuries in wild open field tackles down the field. This is the lineups for exciting young DBs, TEs & LBs to get better. Having a beast on those lineups is fun to follow in his career. Only too often ST-players get put to the side and not getting that much spotlight.
Longsnappers are crucial to Punt and FG teams and you should be able to sign a TE for those tasks, as it often is. So max TEs I seen to 3 is very scares. Surely you should be able to carry 4 TEs in your 53-man squad.
That longsnapping TE could be a force in tackling down the field too

The game would get a new level of interrest and flavour with a little more Special Team stuff in it. My point and wishes.
Did I mentioned 1-2 trick-plays in Punt and FG ?. Just a couple to make it fun. No need to mix in a bundle of them, but a few in spizes up the game in my eyes.

:D
clamel

Postby killa0039 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:02 pm

-Expanded league format, allow for any combination of teams/divisions/conferences.

-Free editing of Playoff Structure. Fantastic addition however I feel it can be improved upon. (ex: If you have an 8 team league 2 divisions 4 teams each, allow for a 6 team playoff in which the division winners get a bye and seeds 2 and 3 play the 1st round, similar to the CFL).

-Option to forego the draft completely and use just free agency to stock your teams.

-Option to disable Pro Bowl.

-Season-end All-Pro team.

-Custom rule sets with the intention of emulating any modern professional league or create your own. 4-point FG's like the WLAF? Shootouts in OT like XFL 2.0? Maybe even pit two player's stats one-on-one like an XFL 1.0 opening scramble.

-Player generator wizard, just input a player's stats for a given year and the system will generate their ratings. Good if your favorite college player didn't get drafted or if you have a historical player who never made it to the pros you want to put in the game.

-Expansion wizard, with option for expansion draft.
killa0039

Postby JDB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Overtime formats: Could we have an option to use the college format or the NFL modified format used in the playoffs with no ties used in the regular season? An option to usethe XFL's format would be nice too.
JDB

Postby slaphappy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:37 pm

I haven't played Wolverine games for very long so I might be saying things that have already been discussed. I'd like some special teams trickery... fake punt/field goal type stuff. Maybe an option to try for a blocked kick? I was thinking about goal line defense type stuff but I I could create those on my own?

Is there a manual? I saw some reviews that said you can't substitute during a game.. that absolutely baffles me because I can get any player on the field whenever I want during a game. Providing I take the time to know my players and develop packages.

Oh.. and this game is pretty cool. It has a few quirks but you certainly get out as much as you put in. We should all want that.
slaphappy

Postby Templer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:29 am

• Links in the eM@ils
If there is a name shown in the eM@ils you receive weekly, then insert a link to the players record.
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby JDB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:19 pm

The ability to export and import plays created by the play creator.
JDB

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion