Wishlist - Ideas

Re: Wishlist - Ideas

Postby peterk1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:22 am

slaphappy wrote:I'd like it to be more obvious if there is is a penalty on a play. Maybe a big message on the field.? Like a big red message over the field saying flag on the play?

I've been recommending a ref whistle sound effect.
A notify in the bottom right window that announces major events (TDs, turnovers) would also work without Brooks having to add something completely new.
peterk1

Postby Skycast » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:00 pm

More playbook stuff...big leaps ahead this release, but I think there could be more additions to make it more user friendly.

Really want to see multiple windows/lists for the plays IN the playbook...one show just running plays and the other showing just the passing plays instead of them all in one. Would certainly make adjusting the weights a better experience.
Skycast

Postby Templer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:01 pm

Rust
If players go an extended period of time without playing, they will become "rusty" and suffer several in-game ratings penalties until they return to form.
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby Templer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:20 am

• If an older player gets injured, he should usually take longer to recover.
Templer

Postby Cleasby » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 pm

skcarls wrote:Great topic, a few observations/improvements for those who use the sandbox alternative:

The description given about the sandbox option is what compelled me to purchase. In fact, the word "control" was used 3X, which was appealing as you compete against the AI. Unfortunately, user control was used out of context, and hopefully the sandbox can be upgraded.

As previously mentioned by users such as slaphappy, this is not an authentic reproduction of NFL gameplay in the final 2 minutes of 1st half and EOG when you cannot control your teams ability to spike ball, run out of bounds/stay in bounds, run down clock, hurry up offense, etc. Even more insulting is when you see your AI controlled opponent spike the ball, while you are not given that same option - really?

Hopefully there will be added the option to stop a manually played game in progress, and resume later. Numerous FB sims already exist with this feature, should not be difficult to incorporate this creature comfort.

Even when the "checkbox" is unchecked for AI/CPU control, the game is programmed for the AI to overtake a human coached team under certain scenarios (example a blowout & auto subs are made regardless of your package selection). If a user selects HUMAN CONTROL, it should mean what it says.

Injuries during a game a too opaque. A user needs to understand at the point of injury if player will return or is out for game. When I lose a skill position player to injury, I have no idea if I can still use him on next set of downs, next quarter, next half? I have to guess? by putting his package in to see if he gets the ball? But maybe he doesn't get it because the AI is overriding me again, not because of his injury. Waiting until EOG to find out the details of injuries is not how this should play out. If you are a "simmer" burning through seasons, fine. But that doesn't acknowledge the shortcomings for those who play their games out.

Lately, I have seen almost none of the "pancakes and syrup" that I had previously. If that was purposely removed - thank you.

I have also noticed there are little PI calls being made (at the spot of the foul). OTOH, I am seeing waves of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Is this being noticed by others as well?

Although I believe this is not connected to the game itself, major applause to the mods community. These enhancements to the game have helped to make it very appealing!

agree with the bold statement!
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:33 am

Players don't "heal" during a game. So if they get injured they're at least out for the rest of the current game. If the injury is minor they have a chance to heal up before the next week and won't hit your injury list.
brooks_piggott

Postby slaphappy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:19 pm

peterk1 wrote:
slaphappy wrote:I'd like it to be more obvious if there is is a penalty on a play. Maybe a big message on the field.? Like a big red message over the field saying flag on the play?

I've been recommending a ref whistle sound effect.
A notify in the bottom right window that announces major events (TDs, turnovers) would also work without Brooks having to add something completely new.

That would work for me.. when playing out a game I move along pretty quick. Sometimes I miss an injury or penalty and have to go back to see what happened. Anything that gets my attention that the play wasn't just a normal play would be helpful.
slaphappy

Postby Templer » Fri May 07, 2021 3:19 pm

An export preview list

I mean an editable preview that shows all actions that will be sent to the MP server before export.

I have just loaded my league and now have to live with an unfortunate action that I would have gladly avoided before export, if I had had an insight. :mad:
Templer

Postby Cleasby » Tue May 18, 2021 5:39 pm

To add to this the ability to set draftee contracts by round and pick number would be a huge addition. So frustrating having to change this manually each time.
Cleasby

Postby duck1988 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Id like the Draft to be something like the pff mock draft simulator so the Draft can be more interactive with trades to other teams.
duck1988

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion