HELP! LOGOS NOT LOADING! APPEAR AS BROKEN LINKS!

HELP! LOGOS NOT LOADING! APPEAR AS BROKEN LINKS!

Postby ashantewarrier » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:47 pm

I added logos to custom league. They appear in the team info section, but do not appear in team standings, team page and other areas of the game. The logos show up with the broken window icon.

I have confirmed that the logo are the proper format and proper size. Can someone please help? Thanks!
ashantewarrier

Re: HELP! LOGOS NOT LOADING! APPEAR AS BROKEN LINKS!

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:59 am

What process did you use to add the logos?
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:What process did you use to add the logos?

I am adding the logos via the team info page. But its not just the custom logos, but the default logos as well. The mapping for the logos are somehow not showing up in game and the broken window link appears instead.
ashantewarrier

Postby drummerJ99 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:54 am

ashantewarrier wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:What process did you use to add the logos?

I am adding the logos via the team info page. But its not just the custom logos, but the default logos as well. The mapping for the logos are somehow not showing up in game and the broken window link appears instead.

I noticed with PB21, that images have to be inside the Wolverine Studios folder for it to work. Not sure if PF21 is the same or if that's the issue.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:49 am

If you set those values, and save, and then reload the league does it start working? If you start a new league do those images work? The images are all stored in your documents\wolverine studios\ddspf21\leagues\*yourleaguename*\html\images in one of those folders. If that folder isn't allowing access (onedrive sync, other issues with files being blocked, etc.) then you may need to add that folder to some exceptions list or turn off onedrive sync for the wolverinestudios folder.
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi Brooks,

Thanks for your response. Please note my responses to your questions below.

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If you set those values, and save, and then reload the league does it start working?

No. Even when I create a standard default league out of the box, the default logos do not appear on any of the team pages.

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If you start a new league do those images work? The images are all stored in your documents\wolverine studios\ddspf21\leagues\*yourleaguename*\html\images in one of those folders.

No, the images do not work if I start a new league and reload. I have confirmed that the images are stored in the folder documents\wolverine studios\ddspf21\leagues\*yourleaguename*\html\images

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If that folder isn't allowing access (onedrive sync, other issues with files being blocked, etc.) then you may need to add that folder to some exceptions list or turn off onedrive sync for the wolverinestudios folder.

I am using Parallels for Mac using Windows 10 version 1903, and one drive sync is not active.

Please note that I did not have this issue with DDS Pro Football 20. I also do not have this issue with DDS Pro Basketball 21 First Access. I have re-installed the game several times, tried placing the images to another folder and map to them from there with no success.
ashantewarrier

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:54 am

It really sounds like a permissions issue... like those image files are being blocked by your PC in some fashion.

The troubleshooting steps we've captured is here: https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... 4000635706

Installing the C++ redist and the .net 4.8 install may help. But my guess is still that there is some Windows Firewall or Antivirus/InternetSecurity program that is blocking access to those files.

If you have any mods I would remove them to eliminate that as an issue. As a last resort I would also try deleting the Documents\WolverineStudios\DDSPF21 folder. When the game opens back up it should rebuild it for you (you'd lose your leagues at that point).

Also, make sure Windows Update has updated all of your stuff. 1903 is a bit dated and updating it may help... but obviously don't do this if you have reasons to stay on 1903.
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:50 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:It really sounds like a permissions issue... like those image files are being blocked by your PC in some fashion.

The troubleshooting steps we've captured is here: https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... 4000635706

Installing the C++ redist and the .net 4.8 install may help. But my guess is still that there is some Windows Firewall or Antivirus/InternetSecurity program that is blocking access to those files.

If you have any mods I would remove them to eliminate that as an issue. As a last resort I would also try deleting the Documents\WolverineStudios\DDSPF21 folder. When the game opens back up it should rebuild it for you (you'd lose your leagues at that point).

Also, make sure Windows Update has updated all of your stuff. 1903 is a bit dated and updating it may help... but obviously don't do this if you have reasons to stay on 1903.

Okay, I was able to resolve the issue.

As stated earlier before, I am using Parallels for MacOS. By default, Parallels uses \\Mac\Home\Documents folder, therefore the save files and logos were being placed there.

I changed the default folder to users/username/Documents, re-installed the game, and ALL LOGOS WERE VISIBLE!!!!! :)

So it was a permissions issue as you suggested. Thank you so much for your help!!!!! :)
ashantewarrier

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 am

Awesome, thanks for letting us know. I'll add it to the troubleshooting docs.
brooks_piggott

Postby ashantewarrier » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:04 am

Thanks again for your help!
ashantewarrier

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion