Retirement Cap Penalties

Re: Retirement Cap Penalties

Postby Flaming Homer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:33 am

I also would like to see that solved.
This loophole is too easy to exploit.
Flaming Homer

Postby Cleasby » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:22 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:No ETA on the next patch. We had to pause stuff to finish up DDSCF before we can circle back around to DDSPF. At that point we'll go back over the list and fix more stuff, but probably only high priority things. Things that aren't game breaking, or cosmetic issues, may not make the list.

Brooks appreciate you are focussed in DDSCF but in light of this comment in the issues thread I would be grateful if you could confirm whether a fix for this thread will be in the next patch or not.

As our multiplayer league would like to know to reassure GMs or whether we have to think of a workaround for this.

Thanks
Cleasby

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:25 pm

Yea, I can look at it... not really a fix, but more of a feature request, but I'll see what I can do.
brooks_piggott

Postby st0nfacd » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:07 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, I can look at it... not really a fix, but more of a feature request, but I'll see what I can do.

Thats great.
Nothing complicated is required yet. Something as simple as having an option to set a % cap hit, or even a note on the player's bio that hints towards the player retiring eg "thinks he has achieved all he can in his career" or something, so that a team can let a contract run out and not renew, hence not incurring the aforementioned cap hit.
st0nfacd

Postby Cleasby » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:09 am

st0nfacd wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, I can look at it... not really a fix, but more of a feature request, but I'll see what I can do.

Thats great.
Nothing complicated is required yet. Something as simple as having an option to set a % cap hit, or even a note on the player's bio that hints towards the player retiring eg "thinks he has achieved all he can in his career" or something, so that a team can let a contract run out and not renew, hence not incurring the aforementioned cap hit.

To add also the weighting in free agency and contract resigning so a older player prefers money upfront over a 7 year back heavy deal.
Cleasby

Postby Cleasby » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 am

just going to bump this so it is not lost for a patch.
Cleasby

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion