Do AI coaches use user created plays?

Do AI coaches use user created plays?

Postby JDB » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Has anyone noticed if AI coaches and teams being controlled by the CPU use plays that we create using the play creator in their playbooks? I've looked through a number of them and I haven't seen any so far.
JDB

Re: Do AI coaches use user created plays?

Postby JDB » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:40 am

Any word on this? The concern I have is that this is creating an unrealistic scenario where only human controlled teams are able to use pre-snap motion and other things that can be used in custom plays.
JDB

Postby AKH » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:14 am

CPU controlled teams will use their coaches' playbooks. The coaches playbooks are generated dynamically (using their preferences) from the plays.xml file, so any play not in there will not be used by CPU teams. You can of course add plays in the plays.xml file directly, and the CPU teams will use them.
AKH

Postby JDB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:09 pm

That is what I figured. So I guess what I would really to to ask for is to be able to eventually be able to easily add custom plays to the plays.xml file or have them added to a list that AI coaches would use to select plays for their playbooks.

I would also like to be able to import and export custom plays. I know there are some who play this game that also play or coach football in real life. I would love for them to be able to share some of their custom plays in the mods forum.
JDB

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion