Contract Extensions determined by OVR, not rank

Re: Contract Extensions determined by OVR, not rank

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Just FYI I did look at the code... it does have all the adjustments that I mentioned (player comps, position adjustments, skill adjustments, trait adjustments, playing time, bumps for highly prized attributes, etc.)

So yea, it's pretty much working as intended. Again, if you find specific examples that I can test for or add scenario checks I'm open to ideas. So far I'm not seeing anything systemically broken (or it's something specific to your league setup and not something I can code for without breaking everyone else playing the game). We can revisit in the next version if we want to change up the way all of this works, or if we want to add additional checks or options for leagues to choose their own path.
brooks_piggott

Re: Contract Extensions determined by OVR, not rank

Postby Cleasby » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:45 am

If I can add to this we have seen a player on a 7 year deal just resign for less money on a 2 year deal. So extension really needs another look. Happy to provide more information if needed but in short Urlacher in out league signed a 7 year deal in free agency back heavy (has its own issues with this see here viewtopic.php?f=325&t=33179) but he then proceeded to take a resign 2 year deal for far less money than his 7 year deal.

In no way should a player who has signed a long term deal be accepting a shorter deal for less money. We have seen this is very much open to manipulation currently grateful if you can please review this and the retirement thread for a patch.

Thanks.
Cleasby

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion