PF20 vs. PF21 2d engine changes

PF20 vs. PF21 2d engine changes

Postby Invisible Witness » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:13 pm

I was wondering if some changes were made for SHORT passing plays shown in 2d from PF20 version. I just started playing PF21, created few plays that I used in PF20 but when I watch them unfold there is certainly different feel. In PF20 QB would release ball fast. In PF21 it seems like he's taking his sweet time plus OL behaves weird "shaking" around him.
Also wondering why there is no yellow circle around player bubble after he makes the catch ? I thought it was a good idea instead of relying on play by play to confirm if catch was made. Did you take that option out for PF21?
Here is a link to short video . Notice how fast QB releases ball in PF20 (I like) and how slow in PF21( I don't like).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BLTCij ... p=drivesdk
Invisible Witness

Re: PF20 vs. PF21 2d engine changes

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 pm

The OL shaking is normally them moving back and forth looking for blocks. The short throw depends on when the QB decides to throw the ball... in some cases the engine delays the throw to allow more time for downfield throws.

The yellow circle was just an oversight... we can look at adding that back in the future.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion