How is mentoring activated?

How is mentoring activated?

Postby vehement26 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Hi,

I've been looking for information on mentors. Is this something we can activate somewhere? What are the criteria to start a mentor/protege relationship?

Thanks,

V
vehement26

Re: How is mentoring activated?

Postby AKH » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:54 am

Mentoring helps in a variety of ways, depending on the aspect you ask them to work with.

A mentors possible targets is listed there as well (usually most of the young players).

not all players can be mentors and mentoring settings will only show for those who can. It shows under BIO for those who can, if memory serves.
(the team needs to be on human control).
AKH

Postby Skycast » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 am

Essentially you need to scroll through all your player's bio tab to see if they can mentor someone. Sure would be nice if there was some visual indicator on the roster screen that they can be mentors.
Skycast

Postby AKH » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:08 pm

there are little gradutation hat icons on the roster?
AKH

Postby vgorilla80 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:57 pm

AKH wrote:there are little gradutation hat icons on the roster?

Only when they actually start to mentor somebody, not when you're trying to figure out who can/can't be mentors.
vgorilla80

Postby AKH » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Rules of thumb for finding players who can mentor.
Look for veterans (10-ish years experience or more)
Various for relevant player traits (from the top of my head i only remember "rolemodel", but a few others also)
Look for very smart guys.
Overall doesnt matter a lot (but may impact efficacy on certain of the mentor settings).
AKH

Postby Cleasby » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:49 pm

AKH wrote:Rules of thumb for finding players who can mentor.
Look for veterans (10-ish years experience or more)
Various for relevant player traits (from the top of my head i only remember "rolemodel", but a few others also)
Look for very smart guys.
Overall doesnt matter a lot (but may impact efficacy on certain of the mentor settings).

To add a question here. What should mentoring do? Chang personality preferences? We have seen no impact to mentoring at all this year accross the board in the CSFL.
Cleasby

Postby AKH » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:12 pm

ok, ill look into it
AKH

Postby AKH » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:25 am

Alrighty, went ove this and it is working as intended.

You wont start seeing effects until after some weeks because the mentor first have to establish a connection with the mentee and after that he will start the mentoring, which will also take a some time to kick in, and there are currently not any notifications when increases happen, but they DO happen.

I have added an option in the settings, so you can increase or decrease the effects (or turn effects off).

I am not sure, if I will add notifications for increases, but will consider it. In any case, at some point ill write seomthing more (probably for the freshdesk guides) about how mentoring works.
AKH

Postby drumr » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:45 am

AKH wrote:Alrighty, went ove this and it is working as intended.

You wont start seeing effects until after some weeks because the mentor first have to establish a connection with the mentee and after that he will start the mentoring, which will also take a some time to kick in, and there are currently not any notifications when increases happen, but they DO happen.

I have added an option in the settings, so you can increase or decrease the effects (or turn effects off).

I am not sure, if I will add notifications for increases, but will consider it. In any case, at some point ill write seomthing more (probably for the freshdesk guides) about how mentoring works.

Thank you! I have a ton of mentors so I was wondering. Also does this mean new patch any day now?
drumr

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion