CPU is signing players for too much $

CPU is signing players for too much $

Postby beauforsure » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:52 pm

can anyone shed some light on this? i have the min salary set to 250,000 for a 60+ OVR player. and the CPU went bonkers signing 50 and 40s and even 30 OVR players to crazy contracts. this will eventually make these teams hamstrung to sign anyone good in the future having fodder with crazy contracts.
im new to the game , even though i messed around with PF18 a long time ago.

and the coach salaries are gigantic also. theres no room for any scouting budget. teams were at 1 mill in budget because of paying there staff 5+ mill a year.

beauforsure

Re: CPU is signing players for too much $

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:22 pm

The money they ask for is also tied to what comparable players with their ratings are given, so they won't always tie to a given OVR min.
brooks_piggott

Postby beauforsure » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:23 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The money they ask for is also tied to what comparable players with their ratings are given, so they won't always tie to a given OVR min.

gotcha, yea when i was cleaning up some of the rosters, i noticed that. so that prob explains it. thanks.

any idea on the coaching contracts? im getting the 0 years and still signed , and they no show in staff signing phase to be signed by any team. also after moving past the staff signing phase , they remain with the current team still at 0 years and current pro rated salary (5.5m).
and for the scouting budget , should it be more than 1 mil?

thanks for the help.

beauforsure

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 pm

0 years should be 0 years remaining meaning at the end of the season between the end season and begin season flip is when they will hit the available coaches list. 1 mil to scouting is because you have 19 million allocated and 1 mil left over to give you a few extra bumps in scouting.
brooks_piggott

Postby beauforsure » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:19 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:0 years should be 0 years remaining meaning at the end of the season between the end season and begin season flip is when they will hit the available coaches list. 1 mil to scouting is because you have 19 million allocated and 1 mil left over to give you a few extra bumps in scouting.

it finally did it.

also i meant is 1 mill in scouting budget too low? should we have more money for the scouting budget, and cannot because of the coaches inflated salaries?
beauforsure

Postby AKH » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:35 am

remember that the money transferred to scouting you see is an extra ADDITIONAL infusion of money into an already (implicitly) existing scout department. So, you have a functioning scout department even if you have 0 $ left over on the budget you see. That is why the coach contracts generally come close to using up all the fund, because you strictly speaking do not NEED to transfer money to scouting unless you want to boost it above the default.
AKH

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion