New player, playbook and questions

New player, playbook and questions

Postby TripLykely » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:22 pm

Just picked this game up after playing FOF for years - still diving in but liking it and what appears to be the broader vision for the game. One aspect of FOF that I spent tremendous time on was custom playbooks and game plans attempting to find a statistical edge over the competition and look forward to doing the same in DDSPF21. A few questions come to mind upfront before I dive into what appears a very deep system.

Is there any effect to running the same play too frequently?
Does run/pass ratio have any effect on opposing defensive play calls from the AI or efficiency of runs and passes?
How many plays is min and max for a playbook?
Do players have any preference for scheme/formation/play type and if so how to I find out?
Does your staff effect the efficiency of plays/formations?
Any less than obvious influences to the result of a play?

Appreciate the help and look forward to immersing myself in this game
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Re: New player, playbook and questions

Postby AKH » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

yes, if you run a play often, opponent coaches will recognize it and it will be less effective (how fast they recognize a play depends on their coaches ratings)
no - the ratio does not have any effect on the playcalls - the AI looks mainly at the situation (3rd&long etc)
You can customize the min/max plays in your settings - or turn off min/max alltogether if you want. (Most multiplayer leagues have minimums)
Staff preferences only have minor effect on plays/formations - we will likely increase this effect in future versions - but we always increase effects slowly because we do not want to ruin the multiplayer leagues by adding something too overpowered.
Player ratings matter (both offense and defense) absolutely most for results of plays - this engine unlike most others is physics based rather than statistics based, so players what players do and where they are on the field has a huge impact.

feel free to spam any other questions you may have - also check out the great communities on the various discord and slack channels - people there are very helpful as well.
AKH

Re: New player, playbook and questions

Postby TripLykely » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:25 pm

AKH wrote:Welcome to the forum :)
this engine unlike most others is physics based rather than statistics based, so players what players do and where they are on the field has a huge impact.

feel free to spam any other questions you may have - also check out the great communities on the various discord and slack channels - people there are very helpful as well.

Really interesting info regarding the physics based nature of the engine - one of the draws to me purchasing this game was the ability to create various testing environments as well as the tracking of play efficiency over time - so this is intriguing to theorycraft and test. The game is so deep I no doubt will have plenty of questions as I continue to dive into it, thanks for answering these and pointing me to the other communities.
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion