improvements

improvements

Postby duck1988 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:37 pm

I am new to the game and I like it but there are a few places it could improve like when your signing free agents there should be more incentive based bonuses for the contracts for example rushing bonus, tackle bonus, sack bonus, for a QB passing yard bonus etc. And more interaction with the owner because you cant make to the playoffs every season you options like going to the owner and ask for time to rebuild or at the start of the season set out season objectives. Because these thing would make everything more realistic and I hope they will be in the DDSPF 2022 Game. And 1 more thing why start with a creation draft why not put the right players with the right teams as a default measure. And no matter how well you do the owner never offers you a new deal. Just wondering why?
duck1988

Re: improvements

Postby AKH » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Bonuses do factor in, but players are very conservative with their judgment of how realistic the goal is, so if you went 2-14 last season offering a player a bonus for championship doesnt really mean a lot to them. Similarly if you offer a bonus for 10 sacks if they most theyve ever had in a season is 2, and so forth.

you dont have to do creating draft - you can select 'put players on teams' when creating a league.

If you havent checked "cant be fired" when creating a league, your contract will be 99 years, so there is no need for them to offer you a new contract. You should get extension offers with you have selected 'can be fired'.
AKH

Postby duck1988 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Yes ive played more and the bonus thing makes some sense but i think showing a contract like real life like guaranteed money and bonuses/ incentives in money and not percentages would be better eg. 10 million contract with 4.5 in guaranteed money. And another thing ive noticed is players in game are paid by overall rating and not position which i feel is a problem that should be changed. And what i mean by more owner input is say youve reached the playoffs two years in a row and you see your team is getting old and you know you have to rebuild as you in real life it would be good to tap on an owner icon and have a chat about expectations over the next season or 2. Because this happened to me in the game and theres nothing i could do we didnt make the playoffs year 3 and i got sacked which i think is idiotic because i played on with another team and looked in at my old team which i had rebuilt over the previous season and they made the conference championship game so thats why i think there should be an owner icon with when you click into it there are a few discussion point you could have with him eg. rebuilding and others.
duck1988

Postby duck1988 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:37 pm

I also think the Draft should be more interactive like the PFF Mock Draft Simulator so you can do more trades and better scouting and to scout the players sooner for the next years draft.
duck1988

Postby Templer » Fri May 21, 2021 5:34 pm

duck1988 wrote:I also think the Draft should be more interactive like the PFF Mock Draft Simulator so you can do more trades and better scouting and to scout the players sooner for the next years draft.

Hello duck1988,

welcome to the Draft Day Sports: Pro Football franchise.

When you join an active online league, such as the WWPF, you get all of this.
Owners and managers chat, talk about gameday, agree on trades, get annoyed, grumble, talk about trash, other things.

And an online league like the WWPF will in the future be linked to a college league.
Then you can call up and track statistics.

To be a member of a multiplayer league means to operate in a universe of its own.
The strength of Draft Day Sports Pro Football lies in the multiplayer game. ;)
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby Templer » Sun May 23, 2021 10:36 am

duck1988 wrote:I also think the Draft should be more interactive...

Interactive?
Have a look at our 2040 WWPF live draft.
Is that what you mean by interactive?
Last edited by Templer on Mon May 24, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby Skycast » Mon May 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Templer wrote:When you join an active online league, such as the WWPF, you get all of this.
Owners and managers chat, talk about gameday, agree on trades, get annoyed, grumble, talk about trash, other things.

And an online league like the WWPF will in the future be linked to a college league.
Then you can call up and track statistics.

While not linked in game (as that is a forthcoming feature), the WWPF does get it's draft pool from the SNCFL, a college league also hosted by SimNation. In addition, the "lower-tier" players from the SNCFL that don't go into the WWPF go into the Alliance pro league which is based off the now defunct Alliance of American Football.

We are hoping that one day in addition to linking to a college league we can link the WWPF and Alliance for players to move up and down between the two or perhaps create a true minor league type relationship.
Skycast

Postby JDB » Mon May 24, 2021 3:22 pm

Skycast wrote:
Templer wrote:

We are hoping that one day in addition to linking to a college league we can link the WWPF and Alliance for players to move up and down between the two or perhaps create a true minor league type relationship.

I was actually going to post this eventually as a request for the next version of DDPFS. Allow us to link two leagues together setting one of them up as a developmental league to the other.
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon May 24, 2021 3:42 pm

The college already produces a draft class file that you can import into DDSPF. We have an auto-adjust to take the college kids down in ratings a bit so they don't come in overpowered... but there usually are way too many possible draftees due to a lot more kids being available than typically are drafted. We could trim it, but leave it up to the user if they want to handle that themselves since we don't want to be trimming a leagues favorite players for various reasons.

And exports from either the pro game or the college game can be imported into the pro game... they normally just come into free agency though and you'd have to delete players that you wanted to move out of the existing league (or they technically would be in both leagues)
brooks_piggott

Postby Skycast » Tue May 25, 2021 10:12 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote: And exports from either the pro game or the college game can be imported into the pro game... they normally just come into free agency though and you'd have to delete players that you wanted to move out of the existing league (or they technically would be in both leagues)

Understood, but hoping for a more elegant and in-game type process for this so that stats, former team info, etc. stays intact. Also perhaps allow the commissioner(s) to tag players to send to the other league from within the game.
Skycast

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion