Playbooks and gameplanning

Re: Playbooks and gameplanning

Postby Ronm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:04 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, I don't think we have plans for a hybrid AI where you can set some things for a CPU team but not others. We will probably have to do some more work on matching up coach tendencies, with coach ratings, with plays in a playbook to make the AI teams a bit more competitive. We may need to extend this to custom plays as well so people can flag what type of offenses or defenses should be able to use the play.

I was thinking that giving the capability to edit weights/preferences and add plays in the coaches' playbooks would solve, but not sure how easy or difficult that would be to implement.
Ronm

Postby JDB » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:33 pm

These are good ideas. The two things I would really like to assign weights to when editing coaches are:
How often a coach uses plays from each formation. For example, if we could create a coach that only uses the shotgun 4wr formation and has a heavy pass focus, that would be the Air Raid offense.
Also how often a coach uses the qb running plays. With this set to the highest weight, that would be part of creating a coach that uses an option focused Navy- style offense.
I know a lot of these can be done using custom playbooks. But adding these options when editing coaches would take away the need for us to add each individual play ourselves to a playbook saving us time.
JDB

Postby Ronm » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:32 am

JDB wrote:These are good ideas. The two things I would really like to assign weights to when editing coaches are:
How often a coach uses plays from each formation. For example, if we could create a coach that only uses the shotgun 4wr formation and has a heavy pass focus, that would be the Air Raid offense.
Also how often a coach uses the qb running plays. With this set to the highest weight, that would be part of creating a coach that uses an option focused Navy- style offense.
I know a lot of these can be done using custom playbooks. But adding these options when editing coaches would take away the need for us to add each individual play ourselves to a playbook saving us time.

OK That would be very cool also.
Ronm

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion