Assigning Mentors broken?

Re: Assigning Mentors broken?

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Oh ok, the button is only disabled if the team isn't logged in, but it's possible for the mentor/mentee to dislike each other, in which case you can't assign them to that person.
brooks_piggott

Postby Bux » Thu May 27, 2021 2:31 am

This bug gets triggered at the beginning of a new season when a mentor finishes with his pupil.
Here is a workaround:
1-Save at the end of the season.
2-Advance to start of the season .. find out who is completing their mentorship(this is random each time).
3-Close the game out.
4-Restart the game.
5-Load from your save ... change mentor assignments.
6-Save it again.
7-Rinse and repeat til no mentors complete.
Bux

Postby KW77 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:51 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Oh ok, the button is only disabled if the team isn't logged in, but it's possible for the mentor/mentee to dislike each other, in which case you can't assign them to that person.

is it possible for mentors to literally hate everyone? Because that's what's happening to particular players. If they're not able to mentor anyone, they shouldn't have the mentor badge

Bux wrote:This bug gets triggered at the beginning of a new season when a mentor finishes with his pupil.
Here is a workaround:
1-Save at the end of the season.
2-Advance to start of the season .. find out who is completing their mentorship(this is random each time).
3-Close the game out.
4-Restart the game.
5-Load from your save ... change mentor assignments.
6-Save it again.
7-Rinse and repeat til no mentors complete.
Actually... this largely checks out. I don't have tabs on all my mentors, but one of the guys that can't mentor anybody definitely just finished up last year with a guy who entered his 4th year and can't be mentored anymore. But yeah that workaround isn't possible in a multiplayer league that's already midseason. Also this is kinda proof that something is wrong, Brooks.
KW77

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat May 29, 2021 10:22 am

I guess I'd need a league file with this scenario set up so I can walk through it in the code. I'm not seeing anything obvious that would prevent you from assigning a new player to mentor... the button only gets disabled for the one reason (not logged in) and then just gets non-responsive for the dislike case. But I'm open to testing further if you have a reproducible case I can look at.
brooks_piggott

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion