Stars instead of digits?

Stars instead of digits?

Postby Templer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Would it be more playful if stars were given, instead of the OVR numbers?
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Re: Stars instead of digits?

Postby Cleasby » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:03 pm

No thanks. I like the overall number as it is customisable and very easy to understand.
Cleasby

Postby Invisible Witness » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:06 pm

Stars could work for Personality rankings. It would add more mystery before commiting to a player. Maybe we could have this option for PF22?
Invisible Witness

Postby gbmoore » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:46 pm

I see both sides here. I'm with Cleasby in that I like numbers, but wish it was customizeable without impacting contracts. If we could have an option to use a 1-10 scale, I think it would increase the value of scouting reports, pre-season and playing time for younger players. At this point, trades are based almost entirely on numbers vs performance and we know draft busts and steals right away.

IE. QB1 is 86 arm, 87 accuracy and 85 intelligence. He would be a 9/9/9
QB2 is 84 arm, 94 accuracy and 84 intelligence. He would be a 8/9/8

Today we'd clearly see QB2 has a slight edge, but with some fog, it would take playing time and coach notes to uncover. Optional Stars or flexible rating scales would help.
gbmoore

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Yea, the thought was to allow people to customize OVR to allow them to set up 1-10 or 1-20 if they wanted foggier ratings. However there is still some logic in the game that expects OVR to be 1-100 (the financial system is definitely one of those, same with exporting data, etc.) so if I can account for that kind of thing I may be able to enable it in PF22.
brooks_piggott

Postby NBryant » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:58 pm

Foggier ratings initially are better, it would add to the uncertainty found in a draft. Then if you could lean on your staffs abilities and scouting reports to help refine their ratings some to provide you a somewhat clearer picture of what to expect making your staff draft all the more important. For me if there is to much clarity in the draft and the no possibility of a boost or bust once they survive training camp it detracts from the game. This part of it becomes to easy.
NBryant

Postby Skycast » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:58 am

The Alliance has set all OVR's to show 0 so you have to solely go off of individual ratings, stats and past performance. We are towards the end of our first season doing this so it's yet to be determined how it'll effect contracts over the long term.
Skycast

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion