CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe

CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe

Postby Ronm » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 am

This executable appears to be a part of this game. It is widely identified by antiviruses and on microsoft help boards as a trojan, and is causing my laptop some severe issues... but when I deleted it, the game stopped working so had to reinstall the game, and now the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess is reinstallled as well, indicating that it seems to be part of the installation process?
Ronm

Re: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe

Postby AKH » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:09 am

cefsharp is used by a bunch of wellknown brands, and is generally harmless. It is true that malware may disguise itself as cefsharp, but malware can disguise itself as pretty much any file on your computer.

Here is a quick list of software that uses cefsharp that I just pulled from the web - i think the brandnames on this list should illustrate that this isnt something to worry a lot about.
The process known as CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess belongs to software CefSharp or AOL Desktop Gold or Razer Cortex or Razer Synapse or Alt1 Toolkit or Facebook Games Arcade or Garmin Express or Amazon Cloud Drive or Facebook Gameroom or TigerText Desktop Messenger or Play withSIX Windows client or Amazon Chime by The CefSharp Authors or AOL (www.aol.com).

It is also used by github and Chromium (i.e. google chrome).
AKH

Postby Ronm » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi... if it is *intended* as a part of your game, I will trust it. I had never had a problem with it before in a year of playing these games.
This week however, halfway through a slate of games, I clicked on the "almanac" heading to look at the last season for a moment, clicked on the Detroit Lions in last season standings, and my laptop became possessed lol...it opened up in the game window a website for a clinic, and there was not a way to close without going to task manager. When I did that, I saw two processes running in the game, one...CefSharp...using 100% of system resources...Not wanting to lose the progress, I left it be, went to work, came home...still on.
I looked the process up on line and saw many people have had that problem...so then I took the step I mentioned above.
Ronm

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Yes, this file is part of the new platform we're on now that also leverage chromium for UI displays. It's required for the game to function.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion