Weird Glitch?

Weird Glitch?

Postby bioeagle » Tue May 25, 2021 7:44 pm

Hey all, I have seen something I have never encountered before. In my new league I started, I am having very high scores (60s, 70, 80s) for every team each week. I watched a few of the 2D simulations, and noticed that occasionally (it seems random plays) EVERY defensive player will just stand completely still and not attempt to make a tackle. I have never seen this before starting this new 12-team league. Has anyone ever seen this before? I've been playing for years and this is the first time I've seen something like this.
CFA - Costa Rica Howlers
WWPF - Cleveland Browns
CSFL - Cincinnati Bengals
NCFA - BGSU & Navy
bioeagle

Re: Weird Glitch?

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue May 25, 2021 8:10 pm

Not that I'm aware of, but if it's reproducible with that league if you can share it on slack I can take a look.
brooks_piggott

Postby bioeagle » Tue May 25, 2021 8:15 pm

It's on my work laptop (shhh). I will send it tomorrow.
CFA - Costa Rica Howlers
WWPF - Cleveland Browns
NCFA - BGSU & Navy
bioeagle

Postby bioeagle » Wed May 26, 2021 8:07 pm

What file do I send? And where on the Slack site do I post it? In the general channel?
CFA - Costa Rica Howlers
WWPF - Cleveland Browns
NCFA - BGSU & Navy
bioeagle

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed May 26, 2021 9:52 pm

Update: We found the issue... appears the players were all mass updated to a strength of 1 which can happen in the league settings if you accidentally click the submit button. So if anyone else is noticing really odd behavior and unrealistic league scores it may be worth looking at.
brooks_piggott

Postby Ronm » Thu May 27, 2021 9:22 pm

I have had the problem with the high scores also...have sent a few observations to Brooks as well... I have taken to playing out every game from both sides, which helps some as a temporary fix...a lot of the problem as I have watched has been the AI fondness for putting slow LBs in at nickel and dime back slots that IRL the LBs are specifically yanked out for DBs...so there were in every game multiple breakaway passes where a 90+ SP rated WR simply outran the 70SP LB in coverage... I have taken to actually calling the best defense against the offense play I just called...which still,as IRL, will
sometimes have a big play, but the %,and the scores, are far more realistic...winning scores USUALLY fall in the 24-34 range now...where before, my TOP defenses were yielding 30-32 PPGA.
Ronm

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion