Online league exporting issues

Online league exporting issues

Postby iamjustin » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Has anyone had issues when running a league where some teams can export and some teams can’t? My league is dealing with this right now and we are trying to find a common issue. Sometimes the bin won’t update for them so I’ve had to create a folder with the bin so it’s a new link entirely each sim. Sometimes the link is fine but the team exports and they get a red light instead of the green. Would love to find a solution to this
iamjustin

Re: Online league exporting issues

Postby iamjustin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:45 am

Nothing?……I’m the only person to ever have this issue?
iamjustin

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Normally people just use the "Publish" feature in game to get their league files to upload. Then they provide a url for people to download from that corresponds to that location. If you have to keep creating new folders then your web host may be locking files, or caching files, both of which would be problematic.

It could be causing people to downloading a league file from one folder, but the commissioner is using a league file from another folder that doesn't match. If the export file and the league file don't match you get invalid export messages.
brooks_piggott

Postby iamjustin » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:22 pm

How do I go about stopping caching from the website? If I just publish some GMs don’t get an updated bin. So I have to create a new folder each sim and then load from that folder so we are all using the same bin.
iamjustin

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:33 pm

Are the GMs loading from the url every time? I would check on your web host control panel and see if there is some sort of caching setting you can turn off.
brooks_piggott

Postby iamjustin » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:20 am

Yes the GMs started downloading from the original placement but we noticed some were not getting updated bins and some exports weren’t working. So I had to create a new folder for the sim every time and it’s worked since then. I’ll check today for a caching clear of some sort
iamjustin

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion