Few initial comments

Few initial comments

Postby Tim Plum » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:53 pm

In the "Your skills" screen can it be made to allow me to edit individual numbers rather than use sliders?

Can the game gen faces for players, coaches in creation phase? Can it be added to Game Options if I want to gen versus using a mod?

[Bug] The coaching staff report changes with every click on the same day. I get the impression my staff is schizophrenic.

[Bug] The bottom of the Championships graphic is gray versus the black of the rest of the graphic

[Bug} Back Arrow doesn't work from Credit screen.

[Bug] Left the Pre-Draft Workouts screen to look at my roster, could not return to the Pre-Draft Workout screen directly. Not intuitive to click 'Advance' to return to screen.

[Bug] WSSN sort in Pre-Draft workout screen does not sort from high to low. Low to high is ok.

Add sort to Pre-Draft, long list

Click in 'Work' column to inviet individual player

Add direct link to player card from Inbox, ability to copy/paste into notepad

In the draft on the big screens are comments/scouting notes, can I access these from the player card or anywhere in-draft?
Tim Plum
Elite Member

Re: Few initial comments

Postby Phatman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Tim, for the pre-draft screen. You can leave and come back. I was initially thinking I lost everything but it saved all my draft workout guys. But yeah it could be implemented a tad better I guess.
Phatman

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:13 pm

In the "Your skills" screen can it be made to allow me to edit individual numbers rather than use sliders?

Not something I would redesign at this point - the majority seemed to like sliders and I do as well so probably chalk this one up to my preference winning the design decision

Can the game gen faces for players, coaches in creation phase? Can it be added to Game Options if I want to gen versus using a mod?

Two different things here - could I make it so that it will generate faces for the default? Yeah I guess I could but they will be random which is why it does not do it now but I guess it could turn it on as an option. However, if you have modded files in there it will always replace them with the modded files. So if you have a john_wall.png file in your graphics/players folder then anytime you have a John Wall in your league it's going to use that face so there is not a way you could use his face in one league but a random facegen in another.

[Bug] The coaching staff report changes with every click on the same day. I get the impression my staff is schizophrenic.

It shouldn't wildly change but yes, clicking the button is the equivalent of asking the coach what he thinks of him at that moment. It's really not meant to be clicked on over and over again just like you wouldn't ask the coach for his opinion and then come back five minutes later and ask him the same question again.

[Bug] The bottom of the Championships graphic is gray versus the black of the rest of the graphic

If you are referring to the trophy icon on the Team Info page that's just the style of icon it is. You can see on all the icons on that screen they are two toned - just a design decision

[Bug} Back Arrow doesn't work from Credit screen.

I had one report of this and I cannot duplicate it. May have to consider some other kind of work around for the screen.

[Bug] Left the Pre-Draft Workouts screen to look at my roster, could not return to the Pre-Draft Workout screen directly. Not intuitive to click 'Advance' to return to screen.

Not really a bug since that is how it is supposed to work (or you should be able to use the back arrow to return to the screen)

[Bug] WSSN sort in Pre-Draft workout screen does not sort from high to low. Low to high is ok.

will investigate

Add sort to Pre-Draft, long list

what do you want to be able to sort?

Click in 'Work' column to inviet individual player

Looked at doing that but its cumbersome code wise

Add direct link to player card from Inbox, ability to copy/paste into notepad

will try to do the linking - will have to investigate why copy/paste isn't working

In the draft on the big screens are comments/scouting notes, can I access these from the player card or anywhere in-draft?

yes those items will be available on his player card you can access in the war room if you have used at least 25 scouting points in the region he is from - given that the offseason start wouldn't have allowed you to set the scouting points though now in thinking about it
I probably need to do something to allow them to be visible in the first draft
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Tim Plum » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:59 pm

Two different things here - could I make it so that it will generate faces for the default? Yeah I guess I could but they will be random which is why it does not do it now but I guess it could turn it on as an option. However, if you have modded files in there it will always replace them with the modded files. So if you have a john_wall.png file in your graphics/players folder then anytime you have a John Wall in your league it's going to use that face so there is not a way you could use his face in one league but a random facegen in another.

I would like to use the in-game faces over mods. Or at least not have silhouettes as the default.

It shouldn't wildly change but yes, clicking the button is the equivalent of asking the coach what he thinks of him at that moment. It's really not meant to be clicked on over and over again just like you wouldn't ask the coach for his opinion and then come back five minutes later and ask him the same question again.

Yes, but having it only gen one a day will keep it consistent. If I leave the screen, forget something and come back or stay in-screen the game has no idea if its 5 minutes later or 12 hours later.

Add sort to Pre-Draft, long list what do you want to be able to sort?
Everything useful. Long list that I should be able to sort.

yes those items will be available on his player card you can access in the war room if you have used at least 25 scouting points in the region he is from - given that the offseason start wouldn't have allowed you to set the scouting points though now in thinking about it I probably need to do something to allow them to be visible in the first draft

Seems counter-intuitive as they aren't a private scout service but widely circulated media comments. Or seem to be. I will dig deeper into this section in later test leagues.

I'm in FA after 1st season and looking at my own player's stats page. the shot chart doesn't have any data. (Yes, the player generated stats). Should I see a shot chart in the off-season?
Tim Plum
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:20 pm

I am pretty sure the data for the shot chart has been wiped by that point but I will check
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:17 am

For the player images, sounds like two options are being asked for:

1) One option for not using any physically installed photos (i.e. players, owners, coaches, gms, etc.) even though they exist in the folders during league creation in case someone doesn't want to use them, but doesn't want to install/uninstall the photos all the time.

2) Ability to use facegens for the default league setups even though the generated player images may not match the physical characteristics (i.e. race, hair, etc.) of the real life player.

If I am understanding correctly, I wouldn't mind those being added either,
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:57 am

I have also seen the issue with the "back button" on the credits screen, plus other places such as when your looking at magazines in the media screens.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:47 pm

I'm going to add facegen as an option for the default leagues (with the caveat of course that they will be totally random of course so there will be no way of knowing what skin tone should match which players) but it will be an option you can turn on. Being able to turn them off won't be possible though so if you happen to have a Joe Smith in your league and have a modded player file for Joe_Smith.png in your folder it is going to overwrite the facegen still
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess