Player listed as out put in lineup

Player listed as out put in lineup

Postby markprior22 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:01 pm

When having AI set up depth chart, it will sometimes put players listed as "out" in a couple of spots in the depth chart. Injuries vary but I have a guy with a broken elbow (out for 53 days) that the AI put in for a 2 minute block. Injury just happened so it isn't like the elbow was better. Really, if a player is listed as "out", he shouldn't be in depth chart. I don't know if it works this way or not but if the injury severity decreases as time passes, I could see an injured player getting some minutes. In order for this to make sense, the severity description should change with time showing that the injury is getting better.
markprior22

Re: Player listed as out put in lineup

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:19 pm

If you have the file still at that point I would like to see it - it could be a case where there was no other option and then the AI should consider something else as opposed to putting the player who is out in the depth chart
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby markprior22 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:32 am

Thanks Gary. Please remind me which file(s) you need and I will send.
markprior22

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 am

markprior22 wrote:Thanks Gary. Please remind me which file(s) you need and I will send.

In this folder you should have a save file....c:\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2021\app\disk\saves

For example, something like "MNL.pbb"
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby hippithus » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 am

This has happened to me a few times as well. I can send a save over next time it happens if you need one still
hippithus

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:48 pm

instructions on how/what to send should be under the help menu. Just open a support ticket to do it as files cannot be sent here through the forum
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby markprior22 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:50 pm

I sent file yesterday. Roster was too small due to injuries. I don't know how to have the AI manage that better because it's technically my fault for not having enough coverage. I signed another player and that took care of ALMOST all of the issue. One remaining problem is that the AI lists this injured player to play in the extra-blowout lineup. Definitely don't want him playing then. Maybe just a flag to not list seriously injured players in any extra time situations (esp blowout).
markprior22

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 pm

On the issue of having enough players that's really on you to manage since you're in charge. I can't have the AI going over the player unless you turn on those options to help - I have however been working with the logic to keep injured players out of the lineup and garbage time slots and am testing it out right now so hopefully the next build will be improved on this
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess