First Access - Opening Thoughts and Suggestions

Re: First Access - Opening Thoughts and Suggestions

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:53 pm

In terms of the historical replay side...that's where it's going to take some work on the pace and three point settings on your end because the game at 100% is being structured in today's game and style. If you really want to emulate a particular era you might need to do some trial and error with test seasons to get the right mix of 3 point attempts and pace - I looked at the 1997-98 season - the leader in 3PA that season was Houston with 20.4...in the 2019-20 season the LOWEST 3PA for a team was 28.0 by Indiana while Houston again lead the league with 45.3 3PA so when you have teams shooting twice as many 3s now as they did then you're definitely going to have to tone that down in order to get something closer to that era. Pace is same kind of thing - in 97/98 Boston lead the league with 84.6 FGA - Miami was LAST in the league this year with 84.4 FGA while Minnesota and New Orleans led with 91.6

So in order to better recreate that era 3 point attempts need to be dialed way back and pace slowed down some as well.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Coyote22 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:14 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:In terms of the historical replay side...that's where it's going to take some work on the pace and three point settings on your end because the game at 100% is being structured in today's game and style. If you really want to emulate a particular era you might need to do some trial and error with test seasons to get the right mix of 3 point attempts and pace - I looked at the 1997-98 season - the leader in 3PA that season was Houston with 20.4...in the 2019-20 season the LOWEST 3PA for a team was 28.0 by Indiana while Houston again lead the league with 45.3 3PA so when you have teams shooting twice as many 3s now as they did then you're definitely going to have to tone that down in order to get something closer to that era. Pace is same kind of thing - in 97/98 Boston lead the league with 84.6 FGA - Miami was LAST in the league this year with 84.4 FGA while Minnesota and New Orleans led with 91.6

So in order to better recreate that era 3 point attempts need to be dialed way back and pace slowed down some as well.

Interesting, thanks. I'll try to tinker with some of the settings. Where can I adjust the 3PA? In the strategy for each team?
Coyote22

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Coyote22 wrote:
Gary Gorski wrote:In terms of the historical replay side...that's where it's going to take some work on the pace and three point settings on your end because the game at 100% is being structured in today's game and style. If you really want to emulate a particular era you might need to do some trial and error with test seasons to get the right mix of 3 point attempts and pace - I looked at the 1997-98 season - the leader in 3PA that season was Houston with 20.4...in the 2019-20 season the LOWEST 3PA for a team was 28.0 by Indiana while Houston again lead the league with 45.3 3PA so when you have teams shooting twice as many 3s now as they did then you're definitely going to have to tone that down in order to get something closer to that era. Pace is same kind of thing - in 97/98 Boston lead the league with 84.6 FGA - Miami was LAST in the league this year with 84.4 FGA while Minnesota and New Orleans led with 91.6

Interesting, thanks. I'll try to tinker with some of the settings. Where can I adjust the 3PA? In the strategy for each team?

Go into the options screen (use hamburger menu in upper left) and both the pace and 3-point settings are there.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess