First Access - Opening Thoughts and Suggestions

Re: First Access - Opening Thoughts and Suggestions

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am

Chilikonkarne wrote:Thanks but where on the screenshort should I click to be able to modify players?

The button circled that says edit/add players.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Chilikonkarne » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:43 am

Sorry the screen shot was only showing the left part so I couldn't see it.

I believe I have display issue then since I cannot see it - Thanks a lot!
Chilikonkarne

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Chilikonkarne wrote:Sorry the screen shot was only showing the left part so I couldn't see it.

I believe I have display issue then since I cannot see it - Thanks a lot!

Can you upload an image somewhere of what your commissioner screen looks like (and what screen resolution are you using?)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:01 pm

ripkobe wrote:When generating players, the AI seems to be messing some things up for scoring tendencies. It's easy enough to fix manually, but I know some people avoid commissioner mode so might never notice these issues.

https://i.gyazo.com/b4d248d90834bc288c2 ... 73fd21.png

Note postup is at 121, probably just a mistype intended to be 21, and as a result pass sets itself to -36 instead of 64, which sounds a lot more realistic for the player. The game does seem to operate still when this issue is ongoing, Im not sure what it does on the floor to make up for that but its something I usually notice when people tend to be scoring or behaving outside of expected behaviors. Just figured its worth mentioning! Having a blast still :)

What year were you generating with that league? Those player ratings are not typed anywhere - its all a calculation so something is off with the calculation and I would like to recreate it. Thanks
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Chilikonkarne » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:03 am

Here is the screenshot

https://prnt.sc/vfhga1

My screen resolution is currently 1920 x 1080 but when switching it to another one, it does not fix the issue
Chilikonkarne

Postby ripkobe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:36 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
ripkobe wrote:When generating players, the AI seems to be messing some things up for scoring tendencies. It's easy enough to fix manually, but I know some people avoid commissioner mode so might never notice these issues.

https://i.gyazo.com/b4d248d90834bc288c2 ... 73fd21.png

Note postup is at 121, probably just a mistype intended to be 21, and as a result pass sets itself to -36 instead of 64, which sounds a lot more realistic for the player. The game does seem to operate still when this issue is ongoing, Im not sure what it does on the floor to make up for that but its something I usually notice when people tend to be scoring or behaving outside of expected behaviors. Just figured its worth mentioning! Having a blast still :)

What year were you generating with that league? Those player ratings are not typed anywhere - its all a calculation so something is off with the calculation and I would like to recreate it. Thanks

Hey Gary. From the 1976-77 season.
ripkobe

Postby ripkobe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Noticed that in Universe mode as commissioner you can't make selections for AI's in the draft anymore? You still can in Sandbox mode. Could this be something that could be toggleable?
ripkobe

Postby Coyote22 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:51 pm

I downloaded the early access. So far I like the UI, nice and crisp. Lots of info. A few suggestions:

- I would like a different skin that is a little easier on the eyes, kind of like the dark OOTP skin. Maybe that would be possible on the long run.

-I like the Standings screen, but would be nice to see all divisions on one page without having to scroll up and down. Maybe that could be done on the Conference screen?

- It would be nice to be able to sort players by position instead of by last name on the dashboard. So Centers and Forwards first, then Guards.

- Would love it if the season record was on the Box score sheet (W-L)

I like all the different player cards and scouting reports, really cool.

-2D in game is great, I wish we could see season player stats during the sim. Is it possible with a mouse over or anything like that?

- During the 2D play, it is not always easy to see instantly if a shot was made or missed, unless you read the text, which goes fast. (Or listen to the audio,which I sometimes have off). Maybe a different color could fix that.

- Stats of player show PBL Season instead of the team for the current year.

So far very good early impression, will post more after I've played some more.
Coyote22

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:32 pm

ripkobe wrote:Noticed that in Universe mode as commissioner you can't make selections for AI's in the draft anymore? You still can in Sandbox mode. Could this be something that could be toggleable?

Well Universal Mode is supposed to let you control the teams you have chosen to and let the AI manage the others so its really not meant to let you control the AI teams
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:46 pm

- It would be nice to be able to sort players by position instead of by last name on the dashboard. So Centers and Forwards first, then Guards.

Click the hamburger menu in the upper left and choose Options - there is an option to sort the dashbord by position and not by last name

-2D in game is great, I wish we could see season player stats during the sim. Is it possible with a mouse over or anything like that?

If you go to the sub/strategy screen all players there can be clicked on to bring up their player cards and see their season stats

- During the 2D play, it is not always easy to see instantly if a shot was made or missed, unless you read the text, which goes fast. (Or listen to the audio,which I sometimes have off). Maybe a different color could fix that.

The ball will temporarily disappear if the shot is made while it will bounce off the rim if the shot is missed - maybe turning down the speed one notch might help?

- Stats of player show PBL Season instead of the team for the current year.

Yes, it does that because if a player is traded it will show the stats for that season both as a running total and what he did just for the team he was on prior. When the season ends the stats will change and show the team name so if he plays for Detroit it may say PBL Season this year but once the year ends then the prior year will say Detroit while the current year says PBL Season
Gary Gorski
WS Development

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess