DDSCB Link question (again)

DDSCB Link question (again)

Postby C-Bailey24 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:44 pm

I'm at the draft and none of the college prospects have stats? Is is suppose to be this way?
C-Bailey24

Re: DDSCB Link question (again)

Postby C-Bailey24 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Also, seeing some quirkyness with how the CB players are translating over to PB. Lot's of players coming in with extremely low ratings in Endurance. On the 1-10 scale i'm seeing a lot of 1's and 2's. Even came across a player with 0 Endurance and he was a high pick in the draft. He was a Guard not a Big man btw.
C-Bailey24

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:56 am

The college players should have stats if you are bringing the players in from DDSCB (and of course followed the timing steps for the leagues) - the only time the college players don't have stats is with the initial draft pool in the offseason start option. I will investigate

The EN rating will update once you go through training camp (for all players every year). It will be low to start - these are college kids used to playing 30 game seasons and having games spaced out pretty good moving into a league that plays 82 games and is constantly travelling so it takes them some time to get their "NBA legs"
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby C-Bailey24 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 am

Gary Gorski wrote:The college players should have stats if you are bringing the players in from DDSCB (and of course followed the timing steps for the leagues) - the only time the college players don't have stats is with the initial draft pool in the offseason start option. I will investigate

The EN rating will update once you go through training camp (for all players every year). It will be low to start - these are college kids used to playing 30 game seasons and having games spaced out pretty good moving into a league that plays 82 games and is constantly travelling so it takes them some time to get their "NBA legs"

1. As far as the stats go something is not quite working right because there are players who I know for sure were in my college game that once drafted their player card says "NONE" under the "FROM" section instead of their school. I've done two drafts and followed the steps perfectly and each time once I went past End Season in CB and then View Awards in PB the stats for the college players under the Scout Draft tab all go to 0.0. Now I will say that AFTER the draft the stats return to the rookie player cards except for the guys who have NONE as a school listing.

2. I understand college players need to get their legs so to speak but I think 2's, 1's, and 0's are too drastic. Plus it is not updating after training camp. As I've said I've done two drafts and most of the CB players that I brought in who now have 1 year in Pro under their belt still have these extremely low ratings
C-Bailey24

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:35 am

OK I will take a look and see what's going on - just trying to get as much info from you as possible ahead of time
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby C-Bailey24 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:24 am

Gary Gorski wrote:OK I will take a look and see what's going on - just trying to get as much info from you as possible ahead of time

More quirks lol ... I have a Center on my team that was drafted in the previous season that I just discovered is STILL in CB20 playing for UNC.
C-Bailey24

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:34 am

let me clarify something for my own benefit while looking into this - did you start in PB21 with a fictional league or did you start with the offseason starting point? If its the latter I wonder if I might have to clarify the instructions because the offseason start already has a draft class ready to go so the timing of things would change. In PB21 you would do all the draft and offseason stuff all the way through past the d-league draft up to the point of the rookie class stage then you would advance the CB league past report buying and then advance PB past the rookie class stage.

Tell me exactly how you have it setup so I can do it the same way. Thanks
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby C-Bailey24 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:let me clarify something for my own benefit while looking into this - did you start in PB21 with a fictional league or did you start with the offseason starting point? If its the latter I wonder if I might have to clarify the instructions because the offseason start already has a draft class ready to go so the timing of things would change. In PB21 you would do all the draft and offseason stuff all the way through past the d-league draft up to the point of the rookie class stage then you would advance the CB league past report buying and then advance PB past the rookie class stage.

Tell me exactly how you have it setup so I can do it the same way. Thanks

I start in PB21 with a new fictional league. Start a new CB league. Turn on both toggles so the leagues will link. Sim past Buy Reports in CB. Save. Sim past Rookie Class in PB and save. Go back to CB and I have been simming until NCAA Tourney selection date (3/12). Save. Go back to PB sim until Playoffs. Save. Finish out CB season all the way until i get to the End Season but i don't advance just yet. Save. Sim PB through NBA Finals and Lottery. Save. Go back to CB and hit End Season and after it finishes i save. Go back to PB and sim through View Awards and by time i get to Workouts draftees have no stats just Current/Potential ratings. I've done two drafts and each season i've noted who the top scorer in CB was just to see where he's projected to be drafted, etc in PB21. First season the top guy was in the draft but his college was listed as NONE although he played for Temple. Second season was a Senior guard from Providence who didn't show up in the draft at all
C-Bailey24

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Are you playing with auto save turned on in either game?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby C-Bailey24 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:30 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Are you playing with auto save turned on in either game?

No
C-Bailey24

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess