Free Agency

Free Agency

Postby Chilikonkarne » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi,

Running into my first free agency after the draft.

- It takes a lot of time to start with only few contracts signed before the 2nd of August where all big players choose their next destination. This is 2 days before the deadline.
- The contract are not realistic for most the top names (probably why they were waiting that long to sign)

+ Anthony Davis to Houston for 9.4M a year (4 years contract)
+ Andre Drummond to Detroit for 12M/13M a year
+ Ingram to New Orleans for 10M/11M a year
+ VanVleet to Toronto for 10M a year
Chilikonkarne

Re: Free Agency

Postby Chilikonkarne » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:06 am

Looking at potential solution for this situation :

- Ensure the Lakers are properly categorized as winner before the season (maybe by adding the recent title)
- Increase willingness to spend for Jeanie Buss (contract proposed was 86M over 4 years according to rumors)
- Maybe have a look at star player that they wouldn't lock themself 4 years on a contract that small - AD refuse his 28M player option

Except for that, I just spent 1 hour and half diving in this new DDSPB and it is very immersive. The new UI is spot on and I could'nt find a bug (except for few db tweak or oddity). Truly a great job Gary and very exciting to be playing this new version!
Chilikonkarne

Postby Rizzo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 am

Good to see you around Chili!
Rizzo

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 am

I know there’s a Greed and Play for Winner stats but would an added Play for Big Market fit in here to help?
SirMichaelJordan

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 pm

There is a bug in the first season free agency when starting in the offseason - free agency considers their prior year stats but when you start in the offseason those stats are not built into their player cards like they are coming off a normal season. When I add the basic stats in at league creation the numbers become much more normal like you see in future seasons. This will be corrected in the next build
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby MizzouRah » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks Gary... I'm guessing we need to restart for this to take effect?
MizzouRah

Postby Chilikonkarne » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:There is a bug in the first season free agency when starting in the offseason - free agency considers their prior year stats but when you start in the offseason those stats are not built into their player cards like they are coming off a normal season. When I add the basic stats in at league creation the numbers become much more normal like you see in future seasons. This will be corrected in the next build

Great news!
Chilikonkarne

Postby Chilikonkarne » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Rizzo wrote:Good to see you around Chili!

Hi Rizzo, nice to hear from you! The new DDSPF is bringing me slowly to sim world :)
How's life? And the CSL?
Chilikonkarne

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:01 am

MizzouRah wrote:Thanks Gary... I'm guessing we need to restart for this to take effect?

Yes when the next build is released you would have to create a new league - its only a problem in the initial run of free agency if you start in the offseason - after that all future free agency amounts are proper
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby MizzouRah » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Thanks Gary... I'm guessing we need to restart for this to take effect?

Yes when the next build is released you would have to create a new league - its only a problem in the initial run of free agency if you start in the offseason - after that all future free agency amounts are proper

Thanks! I like the offseason start so I'll do that when the next patch drops.
MizzouRah

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess