Free Agency Guide favorite Team

Free Agency Guide favorite Team

Postby Tim Plum » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:54 pm

1st season - I'm testing my 10th league or so and consistently in the guide, the Atlanta Eagles are the overwhelming favorite.

Any idea why?
Tim Plum
Elite Member

Re: Free Agency Guide favorite Team

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:59 am

Just thinking out loud....first certainly does seem overly saturated with Atlanta but suspect the following, of course Gary can correct me.

1) Atlanta has a lot of CAP space
2) Although I didn't look a every single player that Atlanta was a favorite, I looked at a bunch of them. All the players had a HIGH (or VERY HIGH) desire to play for a winning team. If you look at the Season Preview magazine, in the first year Atlanta also seems to be picked as the top team in their conference. I "think" that is because the game doesn't have any history to more accurately determine the team rankings in season #1.

With those combinations, I think it greatly influences Atlanta being the favorite for many of them....

When I got to season #2, Phoenix became the dominate Favorite, replacing Atlanta. They generally had the highest CAP space and were the top team in the western conference in the season preview. Again the FA pool had a ton of players wanting to play for a winner.

With that said, does seem like some kind of tweaking is called for....are there too many players that have a high desire to play for a winner? Is there a way in season #1 to better rank the teams at the start of the season? Can favorites be better distributed using other factors? etc.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby ripkobe » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:36 am

Third this.
ripkobe

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 am

I can see market size being another factor.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:57 pm

SirMichaelJordan wrote:I can see market size being another factor.

Although I would agree in real life, but don't think it fits into this situation since not sure the game has a rating (unless hidden) that indicates a team's market size (unless somehow translated trough arena size/attendance/fan support).
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2021 FirstAccess